Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-24-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
wufmama
wufmama began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 912
Question Just opened Pocketbook Pro 912 - how to setup?

OK so apparently having had an Ectaco ereader before this new Pocketbook Pro 912 did NOT prepare me for figuring out how to even set the calendar or the clock, much less anything else.

And yes, yes I downloaded and printed all 71 pages of the Owners Manual. I still cant even figure out how to get started. Either the manual assumes your familiar with the OS, Or it assumes an intuivity (is that even a word??) that I do not possess.

I have managed to plug it in to charge it. however, The Owners Manual (hereafter referred to as TOM), right off said I would get a choice between 'charge' or 'pc'. Never happened. I have a screen telling me to download new software instead. Tried to turn it completely off...but keeps returning to that screen. Apparently it REALLY wants the upgrade.

I did, however, find the screen with listings and clock and calendar...and sat with TOM for a few hours trying to intuit how to change the date and time. Nope.

So... thank you for being patient with this so far.

Heres the question: Is there anyone out there anywhere in the U.S. who HAS and USES one of these? And who might be willing to take me thru teeny tiny idiotic baby steps with the reader?

I havent a clue what Im supposed to do first, besides charge the battery fully,much less 2nd, 3rd ad nauseum.

I want to reset the clock, reset the calendar, and understand why I could find a list of widgets, but no way to reset such things.

I cant even IMAGINE what getting my ebooks onto it is going to require!

Thank you to anyone out there who might have mercy on me. All I want to do is READ!!! sigh
wufmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:26 PM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Hi wufmama, welcome to MobileRead!
I will try to answer a few of your questions but I don't have the latest firmware on my device and that's why I may have a slightly other screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wufmama View Post
I want to reset the clock, reset the calendar, and understand why I could find a list of widgets, but no way to reset such things.
On the home screen you should have a field with nine entries: Library, Notes, Applications, Dictionary, Music, Photo, Search, Configuration and Registration or Favourites. Open "Configuration" and then "Clock".
Under "Configuration" -> "USB mode" you can set the behaviour for charging. I have set it to "PC link" which means that I can't use the reader while charging. But it opens a connection to the PC so that I am able to transfer book files to the reader. The opposite is "Charge", you can keep on reading but not transfer files.

Quote:
I cant even IMAGINE what getting my ebooks onto it is going to require!
Simply a connection via usb-cable. Or, just to get you going, if you have a micro sd-card, fill this with the help of a card reader and then insert the sd-card into the reader.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2013, 08:27 AM   #3
wufmama
wufmama began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 912
Thanks, Bill...i got it going.

Now a new problem - I loaded some books, which i had read on another reader. On this Pocket book, the print is barely there its so light. Went to setting, config, chose font, chose good quality vs non-aliased, etc.

Cant find anywhere to darken the font or increase the size of the font.

Can you tell me where the problem might lie, and how to do those things? Would really appreciate it.

im getting on a place to NY today, and am just irritated that I spent a couple of hours working on this, so I could READ on this 6 hour trip... but NOOOOOO of course not!LOL

Im taking a paper book to get me through, so will check back here and see if you have any step by step dummy suggestions for me.
OF course, anyone else who reads this is also welcome to comment.
wufmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:59 PM   #4
Hekse-Mie
Boekenwurm
Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 623, 903 & 603, 360+, Sony 600, Irex Iliad
Hi, Wufmama, when choosing a book, there is the choice of another program to open it. Hold the menu-button for one or two seconds on the book, and a window will appear. Arrow down once : Open with > Arrow right once : fbreader or AdobeViewer, try the second one in your list of these two.
I hope this helps, because I have a PB 903, which is similar, but older.
Hekse-Mie is offline   Reply With Quote