Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #1
delfy
delfy began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
Russian-Russian dictionary?

Hi,

Perhaps someone already found a solution, I was wondering if it's possible to add Russian-Russian dictionary to kindle (I got the Kindle 6"). I use the built in En-En dictionary a lot, and would love to have something similar for Russian books.

thank you.
delfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #2
induna
Addict
induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, 505, 600, 350, T1 Amazon Kindle PW1, PW2, Voyage
I see Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, and Portuguese, as well as American and English dictionaries available for free on my Paperwhite, but unfortunately no Russian. Have you searched the Kindle store?
induna is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2013, 12:05 AM   #3
delfy
delfy began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
yes. nothing came up when i searched.
delfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:26 AM   #4
induna
Addict
induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, 505, 600, 350, T1 Amazon Kindle PW1, PW2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by delfy View Post
yes. nothing came up when i searched.
Then your only options are to:

1. Contact Amazon and suggest that they add a Russian dictionary for their Russian language customers. (Limited chance of success)

2. Build your own dictionary. (Difficult, but maybe not impossible)

It does seem that in this age of ubiquitous information, quality dictionaries in all languages should be readily available in any form. I'm sorry that they are not.
induna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:48 AM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I believe Amazon is planning a launch of Kindle in Russia. Perhaps then there will be an update to add Russian UI and Ru-ru dictionary as options for all Kindle users.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2013, 09:00 PM   #6
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
I have a Russian English dictionary (Smirnitsky) that I found for free download on the net. Works well on the Kindle. Would like a Rusian-Russian as well, but have not found any as of yet.
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:08 AM   #7
Solarfl4re
Solarfl4re doesn't litterSolarfl4re doesn't litterSolarfl4re doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Touch
There are some great Russian-Russian dictionaries available for kindle; a quick search in Russian on Yandex will get you some good results. I'm not sure about posting links; PM if you have questions.

Best,
David
Solarfl4re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:42 AM   #8
dimasic
Enthusiast
dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 4NT
"Ru-Ru dictionary" in Russian - "Толковый словарь русского языка". The most famous authors - Ожегов, Ушаков, Дмитриев. Also there are encyclopedic dictionaries - "Большая советская энциклопедия", "Советский энциклопедический словарь", "Российский энциклопедический словарь". Try to search these items with www.ya.ru
dimasic is offline   Reply With Quote