Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-04-2013, 10:04 AM   #1
ritoroy
Enthusiast
ritoroy knows what's going on.ritoroy knows what's going on.ritoroy knows what's going on.ritoroy knows what's going on.ritoroy knows what's going on.ritoroy knows what's going on.ritoroy knows what's going on.ritoroy knows what's going on.ritoroy knows what's going on.ritoroy knows what's going on.ritoroy knows what's going on.

Device: Sony Reader
Refurbished Sony Reader PRS-T2 w/ $25 Gift Card for $60

TigerDirect offers the factory-refurbished Sony 6" WiFi eBook Reader in Black, model no. PRST2HBC, bundled with a $25 eBook Reader Gift Card for $59.99. This 5.9-oz. e-reader features a 600x800 6" touchscreen display, 1.3GB internal storage, SD card slot (up to 32GB), integrated 802.11n wireless, and MP3 player. A 1-year Sony warranty applies.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...?EdpNo=8528682
ritoroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #2
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Wow, the $25 credit almost makes that worth it to have a backup for my T1. The 1 year warranty is nice. Too often you only get 90 days on refurbs.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #3
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
wonder if the battery is any better than on my useless sony reader (which won't charge, won't run while on the cord and I can't figure out how to change the battery). Since it won't run, it can't be deregistered, so can't pass it along to someone else who is willing to try to change the battery, either.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #4
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
wonder if the battery is any better than on my useless sony reader (which won't charge, won't run while on the cord and I can't figure out how to change the battery). Since it won't run, it can't be deregistered, so can't pass it along to someone else who is willing to try to change the battery, either.
You can contact Sony Customer Service and have them deregister for you. I've done that on a work computer that I forgot to deregister before I left. I need to do it again because I have several instances of each of my Android devices registered where the newer version of the app created a new ID. I have two reader devices, a phone, two tablets, and a PC (with both the old and new version of the Sony software), but have something like 15 devices in my list instead of the 7 I listed.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:36 PM   #5
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I'll give that a shot (thanks). Hopefully they will be able to find that specific reader and only get rid of it.

I don't know how many I have registered with Adobe (the sony app kept re-registering on the same pc, every time it updated, till I quit using it; same happened on adobe once or twice). I've had to get them to increase my limit twice, I think.

It doesn't help that I do have it (adobe) running on many tablets, several pcs and my phone (and probably didn't de-register my old phone, I just reset it it factory defaults). Oh, plus a couple of kobo devices (now gone, after resets), etc.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2013, 05:48 PM   #6
hwlester
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I'll give that a shot (thanks). Hopefully they will be able to find that specific reader and only get rid of it.
You should be able to log into your Sony account and see the list of readers registered. That may or may not help your Adobe ID. I've not had that issue yet, but I don't register all my devices with Adobe... I download to my PC, strip DRM, and sideload whenever possible.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #7
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
I've not had that issue yet, but I don't register all my devices with Adobe... I download to my PC, strip DRM, and sideload whenever possible.
Same here! It's just so much easier than worrying about running out of authorizations.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:40 AM   #8
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Looks like price went up now to $100.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:37 PM   #9
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505/950x2, PRS-600 silver, Galaxy III purple, T2 black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Looks like price went up now to $100.
Right!? I just paid that for mine! Grumblesmumbles....
emonti8384 is offline   Reply With Quote