Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-01-2013, 11:24 AM   #1
piratepanda
Connoisseur
piratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One
Wifi disconnects automatically

Hi there, with the newest firmware my Glo is really annoying me. I have to connect manually to my wifi networks each time and then it loses the connection after 2mins. Is there a way to fix this?
piratepanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratepanda View Post
Hi there, with the newest firmware my Glo is really annoying me. I have to connect manually to my wifi networks each time and then it loses the connection after 2mins. Is there a way to fix this?
If you look in the Kobo Developer's Corner at the Kobo Patcher thread ( https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=220171 ), one of the options in the patcher is WiFi insomnia which prevents your WiFi from conserving power by turning off after not being used.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2013, 01:40 AM   #3
piratepanda
Connoisseur
piratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One
Thank you, I'll try it on the weekend
piratepanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #4
Bonex
Connoisseur
Bonex began at the beginning.

Device: KDXG, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD
Same problem here. I start the browser and by the time I try to type an URL it says the connection was lost (but the page is loading under the error window). It's so frustrating, because it never remembers the wifi password I have just typed in, which is also long and complex. Does the patch correct this misbehavior too?
Bonex is offline   Reply With Quote