Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 08-29-2013, 09:55 AM   #1
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Lightbulb [Tips & Tricks] Forget iTunes... Here Comes iFunBox

I just wanted to mention, here in Marvin's section, too, this essential tip for any owner of an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch:

In 2013, you never need to use iTunes, for any purpose whatsoever, to make full use of your iDevice. It's a common prejudice and misconception, stemming out of ignorance, to believe otherwise. Anything you need to accomplish with an iDevice nowadays, can be accomplished wirelessly and without iTunes, frequently using iCloud, or, if you do want to take a look inside your iDevice, using the fabulous free software called iFunBox:

www.i-funbox.com

It's free for both Windows and Mac. It's just great. It's like jailbreaking your iDevice, without actually having to jailbreak it. In iFunBox, you get to see the insides of your iDevice in all clarity; all the folders and their structure are laid bare before you. iFunBox is what iTunes should have been in the first place.

Naturally, you can also use iFunBox to perform fast, bulk transfers from/to Marvin's folder(s). (Although I actually prefer using SugarSync for loading Marvin content, because SugarSync mirrors my Calibre folder online, and I rarely need to bulk-add books into Marvin.)

I think the iFunBox version for Windows is more advanced than iFunBox for Mac. Best of all, iFunBox for Windows also works using WiFi, so you don't even need a USB cable to take a look inside your iDevice from your Windows computer, or for copying/moving files back & forth. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't find the option for a wireless connection in iFunBox for Mac.)
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 08:14 AM   #2
iklops
iklops began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Hello, I have been using Marvin for quite some time with iTunes and my iPad. It is only now that I discover that I can actually edit my books in Marvin with iFunBox. I installed it on my computer (windows) but ifunbox does not recognize my iPad. I have the latest version of iTunes 12.1.1.4 which does. What is wrong?

Can anyone tell me more about SugarSync, is this an alternative of iFunbox?
iklops is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2015, 10:59 PM   #3
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Thanks for the heads up
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 01:35 AM   #4
crashnburn
Groupie
crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad1 iOS 5.1.1b, iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
I just wanted to mention, here in Marvin's section, too, this essential tip for any owner of an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch:

In 2013, you never need to use iTunes, for any purpose whatsoever, to make full use of your iDevice. It's a common prejudice and misconception, stemming out of ignorance, to believe otherwise. Anything you need to accomplish with an iDevice nowadays, can be accomplished wirelessly and without iTunes, frequently using iCloud, or, if you do want to take a look inside your iDevice, using the fabulous free software called iFunBox:

www.i-funbox.com

It's free for both Windows and Mac. It's just great. It's like jailbreaking your iDevice, without actually having to jailbreak it. In iFunBox, you get to see the insides of your iDevice in all clarity; all the folders and their structure are laid bare before you. iFunBox is what iTunes should have been in the first place.

Naturally, you can also use iFunBox to perform fast, bulk transfers from/to Marvin's folder(s). (Although I actually prefer using SugarSync for loading Marvin content, because SugarSync mirrors my Calibre folder online, and I rarely need to bulk-add books into Marvin.)

I think the iFunBox version for Windows is more advanced than iFunBox for Mac. Best of all, iFunBox for Windows also works using WiFi, so you don't even need a USB cable to take a look inside your iDevice from your Windows computer, or for copying/moving files back & forth. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't find the option for a wireless connection in iFunBox for Mac.)
What kind of workflow are you using these days?
crashnburn is offline   Reply With Quote