Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-21-2013, 08:20 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
OverDrive Media Console V3.0 available (Android and iOS)

Just as predicted the updated version of the OverDrive Media Console app is now ready for the masses.

From the official changelog, here's what's new in V3.0:
  • New look. Simplified menus put everything a swipe and a tap away.
  • Sync across devices. Sync recent position and bookmarks across devices. (Titles must be downloaded to both devices for this to work).
  • First-time user guidance. The app now provides some guidance to help new users get started.

Links to the free download: iOS and Android
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:34 AM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
The menu structure is a big improvement

Still, no support for Chrome OS. A major reason why I haven't switched yet.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2013, 11:54 AM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
OMC is getting to be a pretty decent ePub app.

One annoyance (at least the last time I tried it) is that despite the fact that you must authorize with an Adobe ID, you cannot side load DRM content (that is locked with the same Adobe ID). I've no idea why they would restrict it.

Haven't tried sync yet. Wonder how that's implemented? One doesn't have an account with Overdrive, so they must be keying off the AdobeID and some info from the ePub file.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:04 PM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Haven't tried sync yet. Wonder how that's implemented? One doesn't have an account with Overdrive, so they must be keying off the AdobeID and some info from the ePub file.
You set up an OverDrive One account. Username, email, and password is all that's required. It's in the left side menu.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:42 PM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

I checked out an MP3 audiobook and tested the sync feature with three devices -- Nexus 7 v2, Fire HD 7, and iPod touch 4 -- and it works nicely. The audiobook must be downloaded on all devices you wish to sync.

A bonus feature for iOS devices only is variable-speed playback -- .5x, 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 1.75x, 2x.

Contrary to an earlier post I made, this upgrade will have a positive impact on me. I stand corrected. The audiobook sync is a great feature.
Advert
Old 08-21-2013, 02:48 PM   #6
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
It now also has the one thing I was really wanting, a sleep times for audio books. :-)
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #7
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I'm glad I have Titanium Backup and can restore previous versions. I'm back to version 2.6.6 where the zoom still works when visiting the library site to borrow books. The font is so small that I can't use it without zooming. Does anyone else have this problem - the zoom not working?
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #8
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I'm glad I have Titanium Backup and can restore previous versions. I'm back to version 2.6.6 where the zoom still works when visiting the library site to borrow books. The font is so small that I can't use it without zooming. Does anyone else have this problem - the zoom not working?
I don't actually browse the libraries from within OMC. I only use it for downloading after checking out the book with the normal browser.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I'm glad I have Titanium Backup and can restore previous versions. I'm back to version 2.6.6...
The old version is still available:
Quote:
System Requirements: OMC v3.0 for Android requires Android OS v4.0 (or newer). OMC for Android v2.6.6 will remain available for download. OMC for iOS requires iOS 6 (or newer).
Old 08-21-2013, 10:21 PM   #10
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
The old version is still available:
Thanks. I have 4.2.2 and 4.1.1 and the zoom doesn't work on either device. When you touch the webpage, the + and - to zoom show up on the bottom of the screen but they don't work.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:07 PM   #11
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
This is sounding really nice. Must take another look
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:23 PM   #12
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Zoom works on my Nexus 4. I tried out 2 libraries in case it differs between the libraries, but it worked with both.
Have not yet updated my other Android and iOS devices.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote