Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-15-2013, 01:27 AM   #1
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Asterisk (link to foot notes) almost invisible

I use the Aura HD and all my files are kepub. Since I read mostly non-fiction there are many foot notes. The problem is that at smaller font sizes the asterisks providing the links are almost invisible, they look just like periods. Any solution to that problem, perhaps it works better with some other fonts?
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 04:36 AM   #2
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
I use the Aura HD and all my files are kepub. Since I read mostly non-fiction there are many foot notes. The problem is that at smaller font sizes the asterisks providing the links are almost invisible, they look just like periods. Any solution to that problem, perhaps it works better with some other fonts?
Hans, I use Malabar with relatively small font size, and don't have the problem, though now that I think about it so far my footnotes have only been numbers. I've tried the smallest font size on Malabar, and the number are still visible - I can try and take a screenshot, but I can't do that before tonight (i.e. in about 12 hours).
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert