Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #1
curiousDave
curiousDave began at the beginning.

Device: none
Video on Pandigital Novel (Android 2.1)

My 7" Pandigital Novel serves my purposes pretty well, though a bit on the heavy side. The BN reader program (Epub), photo viewer, audio player all work OK. Only problem is video playback.
The video player is supposed to play .mov, .mog3 and .mpg4 formats and it will play some videos in each format. Mostly, however, it plays the audio but no video. To the best of my knowledge none of the non-playing videos have any DRM so that shouldn't be the problem. I've compared the properties of the playable vs. non-playable videos and nothing really stands out as being the difference.
Anyone have any ideas?
(For purposes of discussion, this is just another android based device. Unlocked, you might say.)
curiousDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:33 PM   #2
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
The device may just not have enough horsepower to decode some video properly.
If it is "just another android based device" you might want to try installing MX Player and see if one of its decoders can do a better job.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #3
curiousDave
curiousDave began at the beginning.

Device: none
That's a good idea. Will give it a try!
curiousDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:14 AM   #4
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
I would second the trying of another reader. The pandigital was kind of limited to start with. I had a couple for a few months, good unit but on the border of underpowered.

There were some forums that dealt with it - if you google for pandigital forum you might find them.

There were some updates that made them a little more to the liking of many.

There was always a battery discharging problem with them. If you run into that get a task killer and kill everything each time you shut it off and it works fairly nicely. Some also had a problem of the unit turning on for no apparent reason which may have been part of the discharge problems as well :-)

My grandkids still use our old ones - they were nice units.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote