Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-06-2013, 03:12 AM   #1
metafisica
metafisica began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Help debricking K3

Hi,

First of all im no computer newbie but i have no experience flashing firmwares.
If my question is already answered elsewhere im sorry i couldn find it. If it is not in the right place im also sorry, believe me i try to do it right.

Well...

2 days ago while reading my kindle froze. I restarted it and it was fine... for like 30 seconds. Restarted again and re-froze the third restart it didnt come back. The screen did change once or twice (from the guy reading under the tree to the home screen and then to the you-are-usb-charging screen) for a period of 24h. I mean it only did those changes on 24h (dont know when 'cause i had better things to do than to stare at a frozen kindle).

Tried every simple solution i could come up with.

Charged it for like 30 hours.

Finally i decided to use kubrick... everything seemed fine until it tried to flash the partition?. It should take 2-3h but it took 10 secs. obviously still dead.

I would greatly apreciate any suggestions. I'm also willing to donate a few bucks to Laos if it comes back.

Thanks in advance for your help guys.

PS The book I was reading was Moby Dick (in case it helps )
metafisica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:07 AM   #2
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Chase that whale! No, except for trying again with Kubrick, I don't have good ideas.

It might well be hardware fault. But be sure to try with a different USB cable or a different PC for Kubrick before declaring your unit dead. And try charging it before that once again - preferably using a wall charger, not a PC/other USB host.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2013, 06:33 AM   #3
metafisica
metafisica began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
THX for your fast response.

Would other flashing methods give me any advantage over kubrick.

By the way im stuck among giants (Moby dick and Kubrick).

By the way: credit due where it is due: Amazon said my K is dead and long out of warranty (is it correct to say "out of warranty"? english is not my mother tongue) but still they offered me a discount in getting a new one, said they are terribly sorry and remembered me that i could use ipad or pc apps to resume my reading in the meantime.
metafisica is offline   Reply With Quote