Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-13-2013, 09:13 PM   #1
MohamedShady
MohamedShady began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard 3G
Arabic Support on Kindle 3

Hello,

I would ask if I could create mobi files which support arabic like in the link below in Doitsu reply

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=190865

?

I have tried to convert Arabic PDF files to .mobi/akw3 but it give me wired characters!

How I could create a mobi file with Arabic support as created in the post above, it works perfect on my device.

Also I would ask you as my Kindle 3 Keyboard 3G still display the title of the book in reverse محمد >> د م ح م
even with right display of the document.

Could I fix that?

Thanks
MohamedShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:30 AM   #2
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Arabic Support on Kindle 3

Try leaving the PDF as it is without converting and sync it to your Kindle using a USB cable (don't send to Kindle email).

My Kindle displays Arabic books correctly. Just convert them to AZW3, you shouldn't have any problems.

You can try this: http://www.tech-wd.com/wd/2013/02/01...le-paperwhite/
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2013, 11:53 PM   #3
MohamedShady
MohamedShady began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard 3G
Thanks for helpful articles

But I use kindle 3 keyboard. Is there anyway to change fonts for arabic documents in that?

Thanks
MohamedShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:32 AM   #4
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MohamedShady View Post
But I use kindle 3 keyboard. Is there anyway to change fonts for arabic documents in that?
There is a hack for this purpose: here
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #5
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
There is a hack for this purpose: here
AFAIK, this hack allows only to replace the serif, sans-serif and mono fonts. Last I checked it wasn't possible to remap the Arabic glyphs in the code2000.ttf Unicode fallback font.

Has NiLuJe updated the K3 version of his hack in to offer this possibility?
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2013, 03:28 PM   #6
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Last I checked it wasn't possible to remap the Arabic glyphs in the code2000.ttf Unicode fallback font.
Sorry, I missed that.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote