Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-03-2013, 11:33 AM   #1
freqflyer
freqflyer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Keep font in conversion from ePub to PDF

Hi!

I've created an eBook using Sigil and have embedded one font family (included the files in the Fonts folder and used @font-face in the .css stylesheet). But when I try to convert the ePub file to PDF using Calibre, the output font in the PDF is always Times New Roman. I've tried to change the font under the "PDF Output" settings as well, but it has no effect.

Would really like to use another font in my PDF than Times New Roman... Really hope some of you have some tips to get this working. Thank you
freqflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #2
MSOlsen
SSG (ret), US Army
MSOlsen began at the beginning.

Device: Adroid Tablet & Phone
Open the conversion dialog, and select "look & Feel" on the far left side. In the main area you will find the entry "Embed font family." Choose your desired font here. To help minimize the file size, check the box: "Subset all embedded fonts."

This, along with the adjustments under PDF Output, has resolved the issue for me in the past.
MSOlsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert