Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-25-2013, 01:00 AM   #1
alastairevans
alastairevans began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Converting To PDF - Text Gets Blown Up

I'm trying to convert from epub / mobi formats into pdf.

Whenever I do this using Calibre, the text in my PDF output gets blown up to font size 50+. This means I get roughly 10 words every A4 page which makes the book unreadable.

To see my problem for yourself please watch this super short 70 second video - http://screencast.com/t/IsGTcCal67

This is not an isolated incident. It happens with all my epub / mobi books when I try to convert them to PDF.

I've have successfully removed the DRM from these books so this shouldn't be the issue.

What am I doing wrong?

Can someone help with this? Be very grateful...
alastairevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:02 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Look under PDF Output in the conversion dialog, set the override paper size option and choose the paper size as a4 or letter.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2013, 04:14 AM   #3
alastairevans
alastairevans began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
That worked! Thanks
alastairevans is offline   Reply With Quote