Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-14-2008, 07:25 PM   #1
CarmenBurden
CarmenBurden began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
What is wrong now?

I don't know what is going on with this thing. I got it for Christmas as a gift and used it to read one whole book. That's it.

Yesterday I used the USB to charge it since it wasn't turning on. The red light came on, "do not unplug", ect... It charged all night. I unplugged it after the red light went out and it was on, working perfectly. Put it down for the night.

The next morning it wouldn't turn on. I bought a PSP charger, plugged it in for a couple hours and noticed the battery bar was completely full. The light was out. I read a little and turned it off thru the advanced settings to save battery. That's the last time it ever worked.

I can't get the computer to even recognize it's connected by USB even though the red light will come on, albeit for 10 seconds. Same thing for the PSP charger. I tried to hard reset and got nothing. It is now a very expensive paperweight.

I don't have a receipt (it was a gift) and $250 for a repair seems a little steep!!! Any suggestions?
CarmenBurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:01 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
First thing that comes to mind is a bad battery -- they're rare, but they have cropped up here and there. You've done all the right things as far as trying to charge it, that takes care of most things, unless the battery is genuinely dead.

I'd suggest you call the support folks and explain the gift thing. They ought not have a problem with that. If they do, go for a supervisor, they usually have the discretion to interpret the policy some. It may take a few tries to actually get one, but it's worth it if the regular answerers can't help you.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert