Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-12-2013, 09:07 AM   #1
seirov
seirov began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
Calibre library doesn't sync Sony e-reader

Hello Guys,

I have recently started with Calibre, and I think that it is a wonderful software. However, I cannot understand correctly its behaviour. I have read documentation and several forum posts, trying some tricks, without success.

Some days ago I have created a Calibre library, modified metadata of my books, and sent them to my e-book. Until then, everything worked ok. However, now I have the following problem: When I plug the e-book to usb and start calibre (in this order, but if I do it otherwise the result is the same), list of books in device is empty. I read that it may be result of a database corrupt. So, I redid database in Calibre library, and I deleted Calibre files in device (it created them when connected), but that didn’t solve the problem. I even did a reset of e-book, but no way.

Wasting lots of hours in front of the computer, I have found the following “work around”: I create a new library and activate it (keeping it empty). I restart Calibre (with e-book plugged in or not, it doesn’t matter if I plug it later), and now book list in device is ok! So, I change to old library (where books really are), but column “in device” is blank. That is, Calibre doesn’t sync books in library and in device, and it can only detect books in device if library is empty. If I restart Calibre with old library, it leads again to an empty list of books in device.

Anyone can explain this behaviour or give me some help to understand what is going on?

Thanks a lot!

P.S: e-book: Sony PRS-T2; OS: Suse linux 12.1; Calibre version: 0.9.16.
seirov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:00 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Moderator Notice
Moved to devices subforum.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2013, 04:59 AM   #3
Skillganon
Connoisseur
Skillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to behold

Device: Sony prs 600 and T2
I have the same reader T2 and the same version of Calibre, no problem with calibre seeing the books on the reader, no problem with adding or removing books either.
Skillganon is offline   Reply With Quote