Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-01-2013, 03:09 AM   #1
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Interesting PW bug, everything centered

Not sure if it's in the book's formatting or the PW software, but I encountered an interesting bug. Was reading along and looked away for a moment. While looking away my thumb brushed the upper left corner of the screen and out of the corner of my eye I saw the screen redraw. When I looked down all of the text was centered, though it was still on the same "page". Figuring that it'd go away when I hit the next formatting command I continued to read and well into the next two chapters I decided that it was really hard to read centered text and decided to do something about it. I tried changing font size, margins, line spacing, etc... I tried rebooting... setting a bookmark and then jumping around the book (it would draw correctly if I went back a few chapters, but back to centered when I jumped back), etc... I then jumped back a few chapters and manually paged forward one screen at a time and it's then displayed everything correctly and continues to do so. I can't reproduce it... strange.

I e-mailed kindle-feedback, but got back a fairly generic response saying that they're sorry it works that way, call them for help. Hopefully somebody will look closer to see that I was reporting a bug (along w/ book title & approximate location), notice that I'm no longer having trouble, and actually look into it.

Anybody else seen this happen?
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:27 PM   #2
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
I've seen a similar bug in some Calibre-converted periodicals -- but there's no way this could be a Calibre bug, this is a mobi-reader bug. What I see is that I go forward a page past a multi-page menu for a periodical section with a lot of articles, then go back a page, and just someimtes what I see is a mangled mess because the mobi reader has forgotten to render any of the linefeeds. Going back another page fixes it.

Distinctly strange, and not something I ever saw on the K4...
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert