Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-24-2013, 07:58 AM   #1
nlundberg
Connoisseur
nlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Cybook Odyssey HD Frontlight, Calibre, Macbook pro, OSX 10.6.8
Change the default book store

Hi,

I just bought I Cybook Odyssey HD Frontlight. Before I bought it I sent an inquiry through Bookeens web form asking if there was any problem with changing the default bookstore to a Swedish one. No problem at all I was told.

The manual says it is possible, as I understand it. You are supposed to contact Bookeen for help.

When I contact the Bookeen support they now say it is "impossible" to change the default store.

Why do they sell an e-reader *internationally* with a bookstore in *french* only? This can not be right.

Can anyone help me to straighten this out?
nlundberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:04 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
I don't think you can change the store.

Some seller have their own shops on the cybook, that don't seams to be the case here.
You can still buy book using you PC and adobe digital edition.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2013, 02:44 AM   #3
nlundberg
Connoisseur
nlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and grace

Thats really strange.

Thank you for the reply.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:23 PM   #4
Valvar
Valvar knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Valvar knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Valvar knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Valvar knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Valvar knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Valvar knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Valvar knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Valvar knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Valvar knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Valvar knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Valvar knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Would be interesting to see if people with different stores could upload their files and we could compare the data and thus probably change it. I'm guessing it's probably something as simple as changing a server location line.
Valvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:59 AM   #5
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Might be, but i think it's on the system partition we can't see.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2013, 07:43 AM   #6
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Adlibris has their own version of an Odyssey which they call Letto. Try contacting them http://www.adlibris.com/se/producter...sbn=0777777789 maybe they can help.
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:33 AM   #7
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
I doubt the firmware is different between all Bookeen branded devices, the selection shop could be done by their server and not by the device.
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:16 PM   #8
nlundberg
Connoisseur

A hacked version by skilled users would be nice, I can foresee a lot of improvements

@owly: I will contact AdLibris then, thanks. However Bookeen support said several times it was "impossible" and that I should by a Letto (which does not have Frontlight) if I wanted to connect to AdLibris. I hope they were wrong.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:54 PM   #9
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
I think we have discussed this issue before, in another thread. If I remember correctly, there was a consensus on the idea that the firmware is the same for all the devices, unrespective of the seller, but that the "integrated shop" is assigned uniquely to the device ID (and it cannot be changed by the user).
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:05 AM   #10
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Also it's no use waiting for Adlibris to upgrade. As soon as I knew a new model was coming I contacted them and they aren't going to get the new model. I suppose they have to sell the old ones first...
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #11
nlundberg
Connoisseur

I got an reply from AdLibris saying support did some research but it seems not doable.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #12
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
I can understand why you want to change the store. Sorry to hear that doesn't work. But I do have an idea for a workaround. Have you tried adding the link to Adlibris /Dito/ Bokon as bookmark? If Wikipedia can be bookmarked, it should work for e-bookstores...
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:09 PM   #13
nlundberg
Connoisseur

Thanks, that might work. But I guess it was more a perfectionist thing than a practical problem. I can download whatever through my USB cable, and it is probably quicker and smoother than doing it on the reader...
Old 05-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #14
freader
freader began at the beginning.

Device: cybook odyssey
Something happened to my cybook, so I had to reformat it. The store changed, because the store folder disappeared. It’s located in system/user.
If I remember correctly, you are connected to the Bookeen store if that folder is empty.
freader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:07 AM   #15
Lupin
Enthusiast
Lupin began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Muse HD, ReMarkable
If you have bought your device from bookeen, i.e. it is basic Cybook and not Bookeen's partner tweaked and rebranded device like Adlibris Letto, Bookeen can change which store your device is accessing, Bookeen's or Adliris'.

I have tried this as I thought that from Adlibris store I could buy books directly with my Odyssey. That does not work, however. There are some tweaks in Letto's firmware that are not present in bare bones Odyssey. E.g. the library sync does not work. The store's device authorization works differently (with base Odyssey, I should have used my AdobeID credentials also for the Adlibris store account).

Bookeen cannot (or is not willing to, I do not know which) change the firmware to Adlibris version.

In the end I requested the store to be reverted back to original Bookeen's store. Bookeen complied and I'm back in original configuration.

I got nice responses from Bookeen's support via their ticket system. A great improvement compared to the direct e-mail to support some time ago.

Adlibris store might have worked if I would have used my AdobeID credentials for store account, I did not want to try.
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookeen, nonsense