Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-22-2013, 08:22 PM   #1
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Drat! This is too good to be bad

Those Independent Bookstores that sell Kobo Mini eReaders are offering them for a short time at $60 starting January 25th. That’s semi-wonderful news. You see I already have a three year old 5-inch PocketPro and the size is perfect. It’s easy to pocket so you can take it anywhere and lightweight enough for easy holding. But there are two problems with it: 1. It uses an old Visplex screen, the one that came before the Pearl screen, which is the one before the front-lighted screens that make eReaders so easy to use. 2. Okay, there’s only one problem. I know how to read my Kindle books on an ePub reader.

I saw one of these beauties in my local Indi bookstore and fell in love but I have no way to justify buying one. If only they front-lighted it. Or even used a Pearl screen! Or if I didn’t already have a five-inch with a Visplex screen. It’s a great deal for someone though.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
You just listed the reasons why it's on sale.
And why it was on sale for as low as $50 for the holidays.
Mind you, Vizplex is fine, especially at 5in.
But a lot of people have seen the Kindle paperwhite and it does set a new bar.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2013, 11:20 PM   #3
injapan
Addict
injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11, Kobo Arua 2 and iPad Air 3
Yes, I saw a Kobo touch for 5900yen here in Japan in the weekend, thats even cheaper
injapan is offline   Reply With Quote