Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-08-2008, 09:34 AM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Free e-book: My Digital Generation

Our good friend Shaun McGill, of PDA24/7 fame, has recently made his e-book available for free on request.
Quote:
If you would like a copy, please send an email to shaun (at) mailstm.co.uk with "My Digital Generation" in the title and you will be sent the book in a ZIP file containing Palm Doc, Word and Text formats.
"I was born in 1970, and thus fall perfectly into the group of people who are now fascinated with modern technology and the seemingly new inventions that hit the world every week. From the iPod to super smart mobile phone, you cannot help but be involved in one way or another. Our lives are dominated by the Internet and the multitude of devices we use to connect to this big beast that sits in the background of everything we do. From every financial transaction we make to playing games in virtual worlds with friends who are not real friends, from downloading the latest music releases to watching films and TV episodes the day they are released, and most worryingly just surfing for the hell of it because if you dare to touch the Internet you can in theory surf it for the rest of your life and still only see less than 1% of the content held within. You can surf forever and find out whatever you need to know- whether what you see is factual is a different matter..."

If you give it a read, let us know what you think of it!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:47 AM   #2
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
Thanks for the Heads up, Bob. Have been looking for more non-fiction to add to the Reader.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2008, 02:01 PM   #3
tobiasj
surrounded by books
tobiasj began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle HDX, PRS-500, PRS-505, Rocket e-book
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell View Post
Our good friend Shaun McGill, of PDA24/7 fame, has recently made his e-book available for free on request.
Near as I can find (http://www.clieuk.co.uk/mdg/mdg.html)

He is now asking for $1.50 via paypal with the proceeds being given to charity..

Quote:
I have also decided to charge $1.50 for the book with all profits after PayPal charges going to Save The Children- even if I only get to send them $100 it is some reward for the time involved.
Still well worth it in my book...

-John
tobiasj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:06 PM   #4
pda247
pda247 began at the beginning.

No, it is now free- I will amend that page
pda247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:27 PM   #5
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell View Post
BTW, the Zip he sends you includes a MobiPocket version.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2008, 12:14 AM   #6
Danny Fekete
Electronic Education Buff
Danny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3, iRex DR1000s, Sony Reader PRS 650
(I'm not sure if this is a no-brainer, but he's not using an auto-replier to send out the books. So, y'know, be polite and thankful, etc.)
Danny Fekete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:52 AM   #7
thetechnobear
Connoisseur
thetechnobear has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.thetechnobear has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.thetechnobear has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Iliad, Kindle K3, iPad , iPhone, etc...
great read, if you were born around the same time (as i was) - it will also bring back a flood of memories of some older technologies - thanks shaun for a great contribution.
thetechnobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:39 AM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetechnobear View Post
great read, if you were born around the same time (as i was) - it will also bring back a flood of memories of some older technologies - thanks shaun for a great contribution.
Actually I was born in the 40's and it was still a good read. I had indoor plumbing although my grandparents did not. I also had a TV by the end of the 40's but the technology has converged over the years so that he did catch up so to speak . I have been thinking about a technology history blog of some of my personal experiences. This may kick me into action. I do have some personal experience on computers as old as the Bendix G-15.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote