Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-02-2013, 12:02 AM   #1
conanfan
Me Lurk Here Long Time
conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis; PW1+3g; Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro; KF HDX 7;
Free and Bargain Scifi/Fantasy January 2013

Happy New Year! Please feel free to post your scifi and fantasy bargains and freebies - please no affiliate links or self-published works - and let's fill those new tablets and ereaders as cheaply as possible!
conanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:14 AM   #2
conanfan
Me Lurk Here Long Time
conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis; PW1+3g; Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro; KF HDX 7;
And here's Phoenix Pick's first freebie of the new year - Paul Cook's The Alejandra Variation, available in all major ebook formats. As usual, the link is to the Phoenix Pick newsletter, and the coupon code and instructions for redeeming the code are at the bottom of the newsletter. I also highly recommend that speculative fiction fans subscribe to the newsletter.

Quote:
Paul Cook's fascination with the human dream state is manifested in this novel of a man who is a professional dreamer. Nicholas Tejada is directly interfaced with the super-computer Mnemos Nine, extracting useful data and images from his vivid mindscapes as part of the top-secret government Project Foresee. Tejada experiences his dreams as reality, awakening in the midst of the inception of World War III. When he next arrives, there has been a nuclear holocaust and he is forced to live underground, on the lookout for leftover bombs. As he continues to awaken in the far future he is pursued by a woman whose advances he resists. Paul Cook's scenarios of the future have been called "intriguing" by Publishers Weekly, and his storytelling ability keeps the reader gripped, making The Alejandra Variations an utterly involving, imaginative thriller.
conanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #3
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
LMB got herself a Kindle for Xmas and spotted her books are still on sale at Amazon for 99 cents. Grab 'em before her publisher updates the prices.

Legacy: Sharing Knife, Book 2

Curse of the Chalion

I checked Kobo and they are 99-cents there are well so check you fav bookstore.

Last edited by artifact; 01-04-2013 at 04:58 PM.
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:03 PM   #4
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
just be aware there is something hinky with Curse of the Chalion - I bought it (several months ago), but now cannot download it via USB or send it via whispersync to any of my Kindles (every one of them "needs to be upgraded" ... ummmm... but there are no upgrades for any of them).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:21 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
just be aware there is something hinky with Curse of the Chalion - I bought it (several months ago), but now cannot download it via USB or send it via whispersync to any of my Kindles (every one of them "needs to be upgraded" ... ummmm... but there are no upgrades for any of them).
I just sent it to my Kindle Touch, Kindle 3, iPhone app and K4PC from my Manage Your Kindle page with no problems. I bought mine March 14, 2012 and it's ASIN is B000FC11AQ.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2013, 04:58 AM   #6
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
The Desert of Souls by Howard Andrew Jones is available for 1 GBP until 7 January for readers in Europe, according to the author's website. I don't know if it is available for non-European readers, but you could give it a try. I bought it from Kobo for slightly more than a dollar (as it is couponable). Be careful, however, as there are two editions on Kobo - one that is by an American publisher and is >$10 and the other by the European publisher, which is at the bargain price.

This is the first novel in a fantasy series set in Arabia and it has good reviews by readers at Amazon and Goodreads, as well as at several review sites.
slex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:41 AM   #7
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
It is a solid book.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #8
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
Quote:
I had no problem with it excepting the cover took awhile to appear. You might want to contact customer support.
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:11 PM   #9
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Free now at Amazon - two books by David Drake from Baen Books:
Redliners
The Tank Lords
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #10
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
Free now at Amazon - two books by David Drake from Baen Books:
Redliners
The Tank Lords
And they're also still available as part a David Drake CD (aka Slammers CD) over at the Fifth Imperium.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:18 PM   #11
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
And at the Baen Free Library.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:49 PM   #12
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I just sent it to my Kindle Touch, Kindle 3, iPhone app and K4PC from my Manage Your Kindle page with no problems. I bought mine March 14, 2012 and it's ASIN is B000FC11AQ.
I bought it a long time back (ETA: actually, two days before you did; same ASIN) and it is completely stuck. I have one of every model Kindle and none of them allow it to be downloaded or sent to.

I dragged it off the one where I originally bought it and liberated it (and it appears to be the second copy of it I have, anyway), so no problem for me, but I've run across this problem before on a file or two at Amazon and will have to spend time on the phone with them to fix it, I know.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:58 PM   #13
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slex View Post
The Desert of Souls by Howard Andrew Jones is available for 1 GBP until 7 January for readers in Europe, according to the author's website. I don't know if it is available for non-European readers, but you could give it a try. I bought it from Kobo for slightly more than a dollar (as it is couponable). Be careful, however, as there are two editions on Kobo - one that is by an American publisher and is >$10 and the other by the European publisher, which is at the bargain price.

This is the first novel in a fantasy series set in Arabia and it has good reviews by readers at Amazon and Goodreads, as well as at several review sites.
The publisher's links to Kobo work, but not if you aren't signed in or are signed in with a US account.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:59 PM   #14
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
And they're also still available as part a David Drake CD (aka Slammers CD) over at the Fifth Imperium.
Except these are both new editions, which they are trying to add as not-free Kindle editions, I suspect.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:02 PM   #15
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Except these are both new editions, which they are trying to add as not-free Kindle editions, I suspect.
You're absolutely right.. I should have actually looked at the amazon link. Both are marked as Second Editions.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote