Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-30-2012, 08:27 AM   #1
Reader123456
Reader123456 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Needs restart of Kindle every time Cool Reader is run

All works fine after a restart, but the Cool Reader disappears after exiting and the Kindle must be restarted to find the Cool Reader each time.
Reader123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:00 AM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
EDIT: You have a k5 - I just noticed the light purple prefix... monitor is shitty,

If I had to guess - I would guess a 3.

Meh wrong... a 5...

Guide for a 3 was:
Spoiler:

so run myts (get it if you havent got it) - open it with launchpad (get it if you havent got it) and run htop (this is included in the usbnetworking hack you have this)

look for the process of coolreader... is it there? probably

highlight it and press k (i think) then enter (to send a kill signal) if that fails do it again with a signal 9 (look in the list SIGKILL) (press enter)

now try running coolreader... that fix it?

if so... simply create a shell script with

Code:
#!/bin/sh
# (err PUT THE ACTUAL COOLREADER PROCESS NAME HERE!!!, I dont know it...)
killall -9 coolreader

in it and attach it to a launchpad script until you get the ACTUAL problem fixed.

you can do something similar (or exactly the same for your purposes) with xterm, an On screen keyboard and the Launcher scripts.

That is what I would do if I was utterly stuck.

Ask the author of the original program about CR. or provide logs - or something!

hope it helps at least you stop rebooting your kindle.

Oh and tell us what kindle you have?

Last edited by twobob; 12-30-2012 at 10:05 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert