Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-09-2012, 11:28 PM   #1
ever2047
ever2047 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Help! T1 always freezes when I connect it to PC

I updated my T1 to 1.05 and flashed the ADB package.

Now my T1 always freeze when I connect it to PC. And the notification light dose not turn on. (Can be charged and wont be freeze when using USB charger)

SD rescue and rescue pack from amutin are USELESS.

ever2047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:11 AM   #2
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Hi,

try porkupans/borodas rescue pack

reported to work here
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2012, 08:05 AM   #3
simmonsk
simmonsk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
Hi,

reported to work here
Hmmm, restore set for 1.0 05. That's great. Will try this today. Thanks.
simmonsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
ever2047

Quote:
Hi,

reported to work here
Thanks for your reply.
I've tried twice. still freeze...
Old 12-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #5
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

ever2047

and I presume no full backup?

Is there any script.log left in IM or on SD-Card?

Can you boot your T1 into rescue-sd-card from here

PRS-T1 - Rescue: full backup and restore device

and connect USB?

Not that that will help any more, then to proof USB-port hardware.

Maybe you can find useful information in above mentioned thread.
Advert
Old 12-10-2012, 11:05 PM   #6
simmonsk

Quote:
ever2047

and connect USB?

Not that that will help any more, then to proof USB-port hardware.

Maybe you can find useful information in above mentioned thread.
Hi Mark,

Since the reader locks up when connected to USB, I cannot apply any restore set. With LinuxReader, I can see all the partitions. Is there any other options such as loading the entire firmware from SD card via a PuTTY session?

Thanks,

Simmonsk
Old 12-11-2012, 02:38 AM   #7
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

simmonsk, ever2047

(Borrowed form Uboot Post)

To apply any of the rescue packages you need to unzip the file to the root of a micro sd card and follow the steps in the wiki.

In other words: copy the folder OS Firmware with all sub-folder to a Micro SD Card.
Obviously, as you can't access your readers via USB you will have to use any other card-reader to do so.

1.) Charge battery to 100% or you may brick your reader on power failure!!!
2.) Power off the reader (keep power pressed until it asks to shutdown and press yes) if reader is frozen, press RESET button to power it off.

2a) insert Micro-SD-card with folder OS Firmware

3.) Press HOME and MENU simultaneously, keep it pressed while powering on the reader and wait until the progress bar has reached 100%
4.) Now you can release HOME and MENU (this is crucial, don't release earlier!)
5.) Now it will take up to 20min for the rescue process to finish
6.) Reader should reboot automatically, if not - assure that the LED for the micro sd slot does not blink anymore and press RESET. Release and power on the reader.
7.) Reader should now ask for initial settings. Also there should be a file on the internal sd named diag.log, that tells if rescue did complete.

Remark to 6: it will probably not reboot automatically. RESET and restart.

Last edited by Mark Nord; 12-11-2012 at 10:57 AM. Reason: typo, added more info
Old 12-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #8
Silvio
Silvio began at the beginning.

Rescue successfull 1.0 05

[QUOTE=Mark Nord;2335956]Hi,

I had exactly the same problem than Ever 2047, I applied the porkupans/borodas rescue pack and that worked perfectly. Thanks you very much!
I have to say that it was impossible to follow the instructions exactly because when I tried to apply the 3nd point (Press HOME and MENU simultaneously, keep it pressed while powering on the reader and wait until the progress bar has reached 100%.) the progress bar of updating was empty (no progress at all) but the LED for the micro sd slot blinked, so I left the process to go on releasing HOME and MENU and after few minutes a message appeared "the update is completed, reset manually".
Everything is perfect again now and usb is ok.
Hope that can help anyone.
Silvio
Silvio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:14 PM   #9
simmonsk

I tried the same process many times and have never been successful. Never got the update is completed message. I left the device for hours or even overnight. The SD card LED just kept blinking in random pattern.

Now I am stil freeze after connecting to PC.

Need more help please.

For the record, I was using the file rescue_1.04.zip while my device was previously upgraded to 1.0.05. Would that cause any issue?

Last edited by simmonsk; 12-11-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #10
Silvio
Silvio began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmonsk View Post
For the record, I was using the file rescue_1.04.zip while my device was previously upgraded to 1.0.05. Would that cause any issue?
No it is not the cause, I did exactly the same: I upgraded to 1.05, rooted the minimal Rupor's Root Package for 1.04 (!!!!) but with problems I think because the compatibily of the fw. I used restore-set-1.0.04.12210.zip to unroot the device, that seemed to work ok, but after a reset no more USB connection...
I hard reset the device and apply porkupans/borodas rescue pack for 1.05 in the way I said in my previous post, everything is ok now.
Ask if you want to know else.
Good luck!
Silvio
Silvio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:09 PM   #11
rupor
meat popsicle
rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindles, Pixels, iPads
ALL AMR related packages have been updated to new version of Sony firmware - 1.0.05.11130. That includes Apps2SD. A bunch of new packages (for automatic resizing of /data partition and installing full set of dictionaries have been released). So full AMR functionality and than some is available on new firmware...

In order to update avoiding problems you need to uninstall what you have on the device (remove Apps2SD, if you repartitioned device - restore from backup, etc). Then apply Sony update to 1.0.05.11130 and apply whatever you need (including new AMR)...

Last edited by rupor; 12-11-2012 at 07:12 PM.
rupor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:33 PM   #12
simmonsk

I got my reader working now!

Here is what I did (before knowing that rupor updated his AMR packages):
1. Unzip the restore set for 1.0.05 to a folder.
2. Copy the OS firmware folder from the restore set to the root of the sd card.
3. Boot into recovery mode by holding the home+menu key while powering on.
4. Wait for the update to finish with the update is completed message.
5. Reset device to reboot.

That's all. I think my previous problem was that there are some 1.0.05 files on the reader. The sd restore images are unable or refuse to overwrite the newer files causing a mix of new and old firmware files to coexist in the reader.

Thanks all for the Help.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:54 AM   #13
ever2047

Thanks for your replies.

The SD rescue pack is totally useless for my t1 (actually I've restored my t1 for more than 20 times...)

Quote:
ever2047

and connect USB?
I want to try this.

Thank everyone again!

Last edited by pdurrant; 12-12-2012 at 07:08 AM. Reason: fixed quote tags
Old 12-12-2012, 07:24 AM   #14
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

ever2047
  1. Please note that porkupan/boroda restore-sets are different from amutins.
  2. it is essential to use the restore-set that fits the last firmware on your device! (In case of fw number, not base russification.)
  3. to get benefit of backup/restore you will need access to a working device, or backup of your device in a working state.
    using the backup generated with another T1 will effectively clone this device. E.g both device will have the same MAC address and serial-number. Which will render your DRM'ed files useless.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #15
simmonsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvio View Post
I hard reset the device and apply porkupans/borodas rescue pack for 1.05 in the way I said in my previous post, everything is ok now.
Ask if you want to know else.
Good luck!
Silvio
Where did you get the 1.05 rescue pack? There is the restore pack but not the rescue pack.