Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-21-2012, 10:33 AM   #1
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
eReader in bathroom

Most people have some reading material available in their bathroom, but now that I cleaned out my shelves, stopped subscribing to newspapers and magazines, I'm contemplating putting an eReader next to the WC. Having said that, I also realize that most people who visit me are still not familiar with these devices, and I'm not quite sure what I should put on it. Should I also hang up some kind of illustrated instruction? I don't want to have something that I am reading, I'm afraid that will disrupt farthest read page or bookmarks or something. What are some other considerations I need to think about?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
My wife dropped her ereader in the toilet, it still works fine.
Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #3
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Some e-reader !
Which brand and model was it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggleton View Post
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:49 AM   #4
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
None of my siblings have ever had reading material in the bathrooms of their homes. I've always wondered what was wrong with them.

The only person who will be looking at my eReader in the bathroom would be me. Still have literature (in the loosest form of the word) for everyone else.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #5
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
http://www.amazon.com/Uncle-Loaded-A...athroom+reader
Some version of Uncle John's books are in my guest bath. Always good! I use an ereader in my bathroom, not so sure the guests I have would appreciate it.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2012, 01:05 PM   #6
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I don't spend much time in the bathroom, I have much more comfortable chairs to sit on. If I did, I would bring my own ereader.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #7
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I don't spend much time in the bathroom, I have much more comfortable chairs to sit on. If I did, I would bring my own ereader.

Helen
Not for me, for visitors.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:40 PM   #8
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Umm.. actually, most people DO NOT have reading material in their bathroom. If you need something by the WC, perhaps you should look to your diet.

Honestly, electronics and water don't mix. You'd be better off continuing with paperbased items in the bathroom. I know enough people who've had to replace their phones after they've dropped into the toilet or sink to know this.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:09 PM   #9
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Not for me, for visitors.
Have you checked out the recipes in Calibre? Lot of newsmagazines and newspapers in there. You can have Caibre download full editions and turn them into ebooks--depending on the reader in question, it can also forward them to the reader.
I use it for SCIENCE NEWS and THE ECONOMIST but there are literally hundreds of sites you can tap. If you manually update the reader once a month your guests will be treated to the typical waiting room experience.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:11 PM   #10
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I would love to do that throwing out all of the printed books and magazines and going electronic with everything. Unfortunately one of the publishers that I deal with, Golden Eagle, has not gotten with the electronic movement as yet. Drats.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:38 PM   #11
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Umm.. actually, most people DO NOT have reading material in their bathroom. If you need something by the WC, perhaps you should look to your diet.
Is there any evidence for that? Because I've certainly seen more "reading material" than "no reading material" in my world tour of as many private bathrooms as possible. But regardless... I think it's more of a social divide rather than one of function, really. Not everyone subscribes to a "just the facts ma'am" ablution mentality. It's really as simple as that. I've always been slightly baffled as to why anyone would would feel the need to factor digestive-health into the reading/no reading in the bathroom question.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-21-2012 at 03:56 PM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:49 PM   #12
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Whether someone has reading material in their bathroom or not does not matter to me. I have always carried my own book with me when using some one's bathroom. The only difference between then and now, I now carry all of my books into their bathroom.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:02 PM   #13
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
The only difference between then and now, I now carry all of my books into their bathroom.
Apache
That's the nice thing about being female and carrrying a pocketbook... no one realizes you're taking a virtual library into a bathroom!
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:36 PM   #14
Bricorn
Addict
Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggleton View Post
The toilet or the ereader?
Bricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #15
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
My brother-in-law lost his new phone in a restaurant once. We know he had it just before entering the restroom, but not afterward. No one else went in after him, so he had to have dropped it in the toilet and flushed it, because it was nowhere to be found. Thank goodness it was his work phone and they replaced it easily enough.

As for reading material in someone else's restroom, I am at their house to visit them, not read, so I don't care if they have material provided. I think they would start banging on the door, wondering if I was ok if I disappeared for too long. I deliberately DON'T take my reader into their restroom.
mrscoach is online now   Reply With Quote