Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 10-17-2012, 08:20 AM   #1
wdsjc
wdsjc began at the beginning.

Device: none
Ebook validation problem

Hi everyone!

Please pretty please can someone help me! I'm creating my first ever ebook and have managed to convert one from the InDesign files. I've got an ISBN, I've made an imprint page, I've linked the footnotes, I've created a cover, then I've run it through the ePub validation program and rectified all the errors ...

All except ONE!

Can anyone help me!?

Here is the error message I am receiving:

ERROR OEBPS/Text/Chapter3notes.xhtml 33 121 'footnote3-10c': fragment identifier is not defined in 'OEBPS/Text/Chapter3.xhtml'

The line it refers to in Chapter3notes:
<p class="basic-paragraph" xml:lang="en-gb"><a id="footnote3-10"></a><a href="../Text/Chapter3.xhtml#footnote3-10c">10</a> Beeld, 24 September 2009.</p>

And the line that line links to (In Chapter3):

<p class="main-text" xml:lang="en-gb" xmlns:xml="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace"><span class="no-style-override-8">Zwelinzima Vavi, the Cosatu General Secretary, roundly rejected the plan. He said that it reflected ‘a massive turf battle in Cabinet’.</span><span class="no-style-override-8"><sup><a href="../Text/Chapter3notes.xhtml#footnote3-10">10</a></sup></span> <span class="no-style-override-8">

Thanks so much!!!

Jaclyn
wdsjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #2
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
It says that 'footnote3-10c' is missing from the ../Text/Chapter3.xhtml file.

I only see 'footnote3-10' (without the lower-case "c" at the end).

PS: Please use [ code ] tags when posting snippets of code. It's easier to read that way.
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2012, 06:53 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Seems to me the error is pretty self explanatory: you have a link that points to "Chapter3.xhtml#footnote3-10c", but the code you posted from Chapter3.xhtml has no "footnote3-10c" id/anchor defined in it anywhere.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:12 AM   #4
wdsjc
wdsjc began at the beginning.

Device: none
Dspider, thank you so much That was exactly it and now all my problems have been solved.

I was being a bit silly, but it's my first dip into html even, so I sometimes make random mistakes.

Super helpful, and so appreciated!
wdsjc is offline   Reply With Quote