Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
zorro101
zorro101 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Win $2000 of eBooks Contest--No Brainer for College Students

Copia is holding the first "inside-the-eBook" contest.
You download their free copy of the Devil's Dictionary, Download their new eReader, then you add your own definition and you are entered.

http://www.thecopia.com/campaign/devils
zorro101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #2
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Looks like their Android reader still needs a bit of work, but is not too bad. I've not purchased from them before, but it looks like they use Adobe DRM EPUB, so the books should be readable in any ereader that supports that?

L. Ron Hubbard's Under the Black Ensign shows up as one of the free books in the app (and on the Store page), but gives me an error when I try to purchase it. When I look on the website, it shows as $0.14, though. Still a bargain if I can use it on my Sony Reader, though.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2012, 12:28 AM   #3
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
As I recall (it's been a few months) when I got freebies from them, I just used the site and then went to settings > purchase history to download them like any other ADE book.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:59 AM   #4
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, I discovered that looking back through old threads. Looks like they've got something screwy with their checkout process. I had 4 freebies and a $0.14 book and the total came to $3 and change. I bought the books one at a time and paid $0.14 total, though. Strange.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:42 PM   #5
zorro101
zorro101 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Yeah, they use Adobe DRM, so you can nab free books, but they also have a desktop app. You need to use their app to enter the contest. It's much improved than before, believe me..., like 1000 x bettter.
zorro101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2012, 05:14 PM   #6
hwlester
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorro101 View Post
Yeah, they use Adobe DRM, so you can nab free books, but they also have a desktop app. You need to use their app to enter the contest. It's much improved than before, believe me..., like 1000 x bettter.
You can also use their mobile apps to enter the contest. I saw a number of warning about the desktop app deauthorizing Adobe Digital Editions.

Tags
contest, dictionary, ebook app, free book