Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-08-2012, 04:34 AM   #1
wisecrick
Enthusiast
wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: KT B011
Arrow Could anyone compile full-feature wget for Touch

A full-feature wget static linked with openssl, not the basic one from busybox.
As curl lacks some useful features, especially wget -r
I'm using mobile broadband now and I can't setup a compile environment.

Thanks a lot!
wisecrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:47 AM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
is this for opkg/ipkg? just wondering
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2012, 04:52 AM   #3
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecrick View Post

Thanks a lot!
I started, but wget with ssl needs gnutls, and gnutls needs libnettle, and I am too tired to chase down that rabbit hole right now. Perhaps another time. I will get some sleep now.

Chasing down library dependencies gets boring really quickly for me. Can somebody else with more experience with this stuff build it please?
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:54 AM   #4
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
is this for opkg/ipkg? just wondering
A static build should be good for native K5.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:54 AM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecrick View Post

Thanks a lot!
There should be one among all of the stuff that twobob built the past several weeks.
The K3 software will also run on the K4 & K5 unless it is something that depends on the hardware.

What is the difficulty in setting up a compile environment?

There **should** be everything you need in the DIY-KeK resource pool, both as binaries and as source.
**should** as in "intended"
If not, post in that thread, I will see what I can do about adding anything reasonable to add.
As typical here at Mobileread - the thread starter post serves as a general index, plus the DIY-KeK reference manual is also a partial index (in appendix B) to the resource pool.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2012, 04:55 AM   #6
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
There should be one among all of the stuff that twobob built the past several weeks.
The K3 software will also run on the K4 & K5 unless it is something that depends on the hardware.

What is the difficulty in setting up a compile environment?

There **should** be everything you need in the DIY-KeK resource pool, both as binaries and as source.
**should** as in "intended"
If not, post in that thread, I will see what I can do about adding anything reasonable to add.
As typical here at Mobileread - the thread starter post serves as a general index, plus the DIY-KeK reference manual is also a partial index (in appendix B) to the resource pool.
Ah yes... good resources.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:22 AM   #7
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think thats another I left off the alias list come to think of it... I'll have a play when I get back (100 miles drives ) BBL
Old 09-08-2012, 09:18 AM   #8
twobob

hmm. don't have it. sorry
Old 09-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #9
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
It should build against openssl, although it seems to be a bit of a mess... Let's see...

EDIT: Huh, turned out way better than cURL, in fact .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-08-2012 at 11:07 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:02 AM   #10
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here you go... (OpenSSL static-linked, untested, it might whine because it can't find a config file, or utterly fail at finding SSL certs. Ping me if it does, I'll try to workaround it).
Attached Files
File Type: gz wget-1.14-k5.tar.gz (709.7 KB, 136 views)
Old 09-08-2012, 11:52 AM   #11
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Here you go... (OpenSSL static-linked, untested, it might whine because it can't find a config file, or utterly fail at finding SSL certs. Ping me if it does, I'll try to workaround it).
Thanks. You are a cross-tool-chain master!
Old 09-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #12
twobob

the advantage of a truly source based system *looks at gentoo partition* must get that finished. the live cd was fun (very helpful install wizard )
Old 09-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #13
twobob

oh, and being awesome, I forgot that essential ingredient.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #14
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@twobob: There's an install wizard now? I remember it fondly as 'DIY' ^^.

I distinctly remember two of my Gentoo installs:

* The first one, moving from Debian (not that it matters much, I don't think I did it from Debian, probably used the livecd or knoppix instead), with the full printed handbook on hand. Quadruple checking the command prompt, reconfiguring/rebuilding the kernel a few times, messing up Windows' bootloader, that was fun ^^. There was the possibility of doing it nearly like a 'scripted' LFS at that time, with stage1/stage2 installs, where you bootstrapped nearly everything from a really, really minimal system, instead of the minimal full-featured environment of a current stage3 (so, yeah, that's why they're still called stage3, in case someone wondered ^^) .

* The first remote, headless one. This one was *really* fun! Basically, rented a dedicated server, made a face at the choice of distro available, asked the CS If I could have a Gentoo, and got an 'awesome' answer: "No, but I can ask a tech to boot your box on the livecd"... . Ooookay! It was a 'Do or do not. There is no try.' kind of setup... No fallback/rescue/netboot if I messed up... I was *really* glad when I finally got a ping from the box after the final reboot ;D.

Yeah, Gentoo's fun! ^^

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-08-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:50 AM   #15
twobob

http://ostatic.com/blog/gentoo-12-1-...d-real-or-joke

Oh yeah, had the hat and everything...

(no digital cows were harmed during this crude reconstruction)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_065.png
Views:	123
Size:	159.0 KB
ID:	92064  

Last edited by twobob; 09-09-2012 at 06:55 AM.