Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #1
BKh
Zealot
BKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle
Page Margin Best Practices epub->mobi

What is the best css to use for page margins in an e-pub that will be converted to a mobi?

I do all my reading on a Kindle and so I am accustomed to the margins being set by the device. But I want the e-pub's that I create (in Sigil) and then convert to mobi (using Calibre) to look good on most devices. My understanding is that e-pub devices don't usually have a default margin. At the same time, I don't want fixed margins to end up in the mobi I create.

So, suggestions on what the best css is to include in the epub along with a good margin size? Also how do I make sure that Calibre removes them in the mobi?

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.
BKh is offline   Reply With Quote