Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-06-2012, 06:13 AM   #1
buscon
buscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it is

Device: Kindle touch
Kindle Usbnetworking

Hi all,

i've just installed jailbreak on my kindle touch and i'm trying to get ssh access.
So i've installed usbnetworking, i've activated the network (;un) but i still cannot reach my kindle: no ping on the wifi ip.
I cannot connect through usb as I'm on osx.

Is there a list of commands of usbnetworking in order to see if it's up and running ?

Best
buscon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:31 AM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by buscon View Post
Hi all,

i've just installed jailbreak on my kindle touch and i'm trying to get ssh access.
So i've installed usbnetworking, i've activated the network (;un) but i still cannot reach my kindle: no ping on the wifi ip.
I cannot connect through usb as I'm on osx.

Is there a list of commands of usbnetworking in order to see if it's up and running ?

Best
To use wifi SSH, you need to add a line to your iptables.This is from the K4 hacking wiki, but it applies to all eink kindles:
Quote:
add a firewall rule to allow ssh access. Edit the /mnt/base-mmc/etc/sysconfig/iptables file:
vi /mnt/base-mmc/etc/sysconfig/iptables

and add the following line to that file:
-A INPUT -i wlan0 -p tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT
For USB networking, the host PC side of your USB network device (RNDIS) needs a manually assigned IP address of 192.168.15.201.

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-06-2012 at 06:38 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2012, 06:34 AM   #3
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
OSX can SSH through USB just fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	osx-usb-ssh.png
Views:	425
Size:	192.8 KB
ID:	90228  
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:36 AM   #4
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
For USB networking, the host PC side of your USB network device (RNDIS) needs a manually assigned IP address of 192.168.69.201.
Nope. 192.168.15.x for the K5, where 1 <= x <= 254 && x != 244
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:37 AM   #5
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
OSX can SSH through USB just fine.
Your manually assigned 192.168.15.1 (shown in your screenshot) will work okay for most things, but some diagnostics require the host PC to use 192.168.15.201.

Oops. I see from your newer post that I had a typo in my previous post (fixed now). I changed the 69 to 15. It is still a good idea for the last octet to be 201 though...

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-06-2012 at 06:40 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2012, 08:04 AM   #6
buscon
buscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it is

Device: Kindle touch
Thanks!

I'm root in my kindle

Best
buscon is offline   Reply With Quote