Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-02-2012, 03:00 PM   #1
E Kuehne
E Kuehne began at the beginning.

Device: PC
directly switching from eBook-viewer to editor

Thanks for this Program, it is great!
I have a wish for evolution: when I read a eBook in Calibre using the built in eBook-viewer it was very helpfull to get the possibility to open tho eBook in a editor, ePub in Sigil and so on. The User shold install his favorite editor and can directly access to the editor from tho eBook-viewer. Many eBooks has errors and this is a good way to correct they in a short way.

I have don the following too:
In Windows I connectet all my ePubs with the eBook-viewer from calibre ans so the calibre eBook-viewer opens by clicking a ePub. This ist a good option by installing Calibre.

Sorry,my english is bad!

Eberhard

Last edited by E Kuehne; 08-02-2012 at 03:02 PM.
E Kuehne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:33 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
An interesting idea, and I'd probably use it if it gets implemented.

In the meantime, try the "Open With" plugin. This can be configured to open the Sigil on an ePub from within calibre. And you can set a hotkey for the action. Opening with Sigil is one of the examples included with the plugin.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moderator Notice
Please read the sticky https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122042 before thinking of posting in this section. This area is not for general requests.
If you are going to implement this code, I will move this back. just PM me
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:59 AM   #4
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
On a related topic. Edit: For when working outside calibre.
I created a setting that allows you to right-click an epub file, in the pop-up-menu you then have the option to 'Edit' the file, which (for me) opens Sigil.

I'm using XP, at moment, here's how to do it. Other Windows versions should be similar.
(this was done after the epub extension was mapped to open with calibre' ebook-viewer, so if you haven't done that then the epub extension may not be in the list)

Open the Control Pane->Folder Options
Select File Types tab
Scroll the list down until you reach EPUB, and select it, then click 'Advanced'
Press 'New'
In 'Action', type 'Edit'
Press 'Browse' and navigate to and select application you want to edit epubs with then select 'Open'
In the 'Application used to perform action:' box after closing quote (if there is one) add a space the "%1%" (including the quotemarks)
(If your editing application isn't surrounded by double-quotemark, you may want to add them as well)

Then 'O.K.' or 'Apply' to leave all the requesters/windows, then try right-clicking on an epub, you should now have an entry to 'Edit' the epub.

Hope this helps/works for you.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote