Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 04-29-2012, 06:22 AM   #1
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
DRM download error

I am relatively new to eBooks, and chose a Kobo Touch mainly so I could download public library books for free. (cheapskate)

I understand the reason for DRM and as I am not into piracy don't mind downloading them...................when they work !

All the library books I have downloaded have done so without problem. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for the few I have paid for !

Twice now I have gone through the payment procedure for an ePub DRM ebook, then tried to download it to my copy of ADE and all I got is an error message.

The first time I tried 2 different retrailers with the same result, and had to push to get my money back each time.

After reading Adobe's forum I found out that the problem apparently is on the Server either of the retailer or the wholesailer.

In the case of the 1st ebook there is a common wholesailer, hence the reason for the same error message both times.

I doubt that either retailer will bring the matter to the attention of the wholesailer so it will probably never get fixed.

Even if it does, how do I know without buying it again and trying to download again !!!

In the case of the 1st ebook I contacted the publisher explaining the problem to them and asking where I could download from. They said to download it from their own eBook website as they made a decision NOT to add DRM to their eBook downloads !!

I thought DRM was added to eBooks by order of the publishers ? Seems strange then that the retailers have it added but not the publisher ?

Have other people had problems with Server error messages on ADE when trying to download, or did I just pick the 2 wrong eBooks ?
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2012, 09:51 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT,Galaxy Tab 2
Moderator Notice
Moved. Not a Calibre question.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote