Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 04-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #1
pisbouts
pisbouts began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Sidebarissue

Hi there,

I am formatting an epub with a sidebar at 30% of the page with the main body text wrapping around it. However, for one sidebar in particular, it is placed near the end of a subchapter. Depending on font size, the next subchapter may also wrap around the sidebar. Is there a way to prevent this next subchapter from wrapping around my sidebar? I cannot make it start on a new page because that is not what my client wants. But I'm a bit stuck. So you have some idea of code, I have

div element for the sidebar, floating right
div element for story text
p element that i want to wrap
p element that I DON'T want to wrap
pisbouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:21 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
You might try P { clear: left }, legal values include left, right, both. I am showing CSS syntax.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert