Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #1
umberto
umberto began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Easy way to see which books you red

Is there a easy way to confirm books you have readen in calibre?
umberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
I added a custom yes/no column for this, which I set to Yes for books I finished, and No for books which I started but did not consider worth while finishing. Books I did not start yet have a blank value.

I also use column coloring: set the title to a specific color if the read column has the True value.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2012, 08:27 AM   #3
JCSullivan
Chief Inspector Gamache
JCSullivan began at the beginning.

Device: Viewsonic
I did exactly as Zetmolm
JCSullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:41 AM   #4
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Automagic ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by umberto View Post
Is there a easy way to confirm books you have readen in calibre?
Hi Umberto
I'm lazy, so I don't want to manually mark books read in Calibre, when they're read on Kindle.
I have a K3 but I know that K2'ers can use this as well.
Please have a look at this thread where fetching reading progress from K2-3 into Calibre is discussed. It might not be what you want but it's one way of doing it.
(personnally I'm using it all the time)

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=137

Hope this helps, Per
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:32 PM   #5
Rachel
Zealot
Rachel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rachel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rachel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony prs505, kindle, ithing
I ensure the ratings column is blank until I have read the book. I then rate it from 1* to 5* therefore I know that an entry in the ratings column indicates I have read this. This also shows in the OPDS catalogues I create to use in Stanza which I find very helpful.
Rachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2012, 06:51 AM   #6
Heathside Boy
HB
Heathside Boy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook for PC / Calibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post
I added a custom yes/no column for this, which I set to Yes for books I finished, and No for books which I started but did not consider worth while finishing. Books I did not start yet have a blank value.

I also use column coloring: set the title to a specific color if the read column has the True value.
Can you tell us how you add a yes/no column and also how you set the title to a specific colour?

thanks
Heathside Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:40 AM   #7
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
You should have a read of the calibre Help, it covers this and lots more tricks you might find of interest...

The quick answer to adding a custom yes/no column is to right-click on the column headings in the library view and choose Add your own columns. Alternatively Preferences -> Add your own columns.
Click the + icon on the middle right
Click the Yes/No hyperlink
Set the lookup name to something like read (this is the name calibre will search against, must not contain spaces and should be lowercase)
Set the column heading to Read or whatever you want it displayed as
Click ok.
Restart calibre, job done.

Colouring is done within Preferences -> Look and feel on the Column colouring tab. It is pretty straightforward to use, just follow the instructions on screen (or check the calibre Help)
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:39 AM   #8
Heathside Boy
HB
Heathside Boy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook for PC / Calibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
You should have a read of the calibre Help, it covers this and lots more tricks you might find of interest...

The quick answer to adding a custom yes/no column is to right-click on the column headings in the library view and choose Add your own columns. Alternatively Preferences -> Add your own columns.
Click the + icon on the middle right
Click the Yes/No hyperlink
Set the lookup name to something like read (this is the name calibre will search against, must not contain spaces and should be lowercase)
Set the column heading to Read or whatever you want it displayed as
Click ok.
Restart calibre, job done.

Colouring is done within Preferences -> Look and feel on the Column colouring tab. It is pretty straightforward to use, just follow the instructions on screen (or check the calibre Help)

Cheers Kiwidude, I will have a go at doing all that

HB
Heathside Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:32 AM   #9
ebusinesstutor
Star Gawker
ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
I ensure the ratings column is blank until I have read the book. I then rate it from 1* to 5* therefore I know that an entry in the ratings column indicates I have read this. This also shows in the OPDS catalogues I create to use in Stanza which I find very helpful.
I do the same as Rachel. Except I permanently delete all the books with a 2 rating or less.
ebusinesstutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:50 AM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebusinesstutor View Post
I do the same as Rachel. Except I permanently delete all the books with a 2 rating or less.
I keep the Book as a reminder to Avoid this Author/series

Empty books are just too easy to become No Books (purged record)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:29 PM   #11
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7 16GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebusinesstutor View Post
I do the same as Rachel.
I do the same too, Except I also include another date column, called readon
and fill it in on the day I finished the Book.

It may be useful...in the future, to look back and see "when" you read a book, so on finishing, rate it and set the readon date to today.
transmitthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:59 PM   #12
Joanna
Groupie
Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: none
Nice idea with the date!

Another simple way to mark books as read would be to use a separate "read" tag (and maybe colour the titles, based on this tag).
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote