Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 03-18-2012, 05:41 AM   #1
flameproof
flameproof began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
How to do a HTML like TABLE in ePub?

How can I make a HTML like TABLE in ePub?

I am very familiar with HTML and PHP, but not so clear about ePub flavourd CSS.

What I like to know:

Table with/without frames.
Different border thickness
Spanning

I creating a TABLE as image an option? But then I can't change the size, right?
flameproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:04 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
ePub CSS is basically CSS 2.1. Have a look at the spec, you have all supported properties.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2012, 06:49 AM   #3
Rob Lister
Fanatic
Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameproof View Post
How can I make a HTML like TABLE in ePub?

I am very familiar with HTML and PHP, but not so clear about ePub flavourd CSS.

What I like to know:

Table with/without frames.
Different border thickness
Spanning

I creating a TABLE as image an option? But then I can't change the size, right?
EPUB supports tables just fine, but there is limited horizontal landscape available for displaying them. That, coupled with not knowing what size font the reader will use makes them iffy.

for wide tables, sometimes converting it to an image is best; the width or height of which can still be controlled as a function of %

Last edited by Rob Lister; 03-18-2012 at 06:58 AM.
Rob Lister is offline   Reply With Quote