Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-06-2007, 01:45 PM   #1
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Finally purchased the Sony 505

I finally went ahead and purchased the Sony PRS 505 SC. The main factors I chose this one over the Kindle were as follows:

1. It has a PC reader, eBook Library. Thus, I can do my main reading on my PC as before and just SUPPLEMENT it with the Reader when I am wating for my wife in stores, at Bible Study or babysitting with my grandkids.

2. It has much better controls on the Reader than the Kindle.

3. It is second generation - Kindle is first generation with plenty of bugs.

4. It has 8 shades of grey versus 4 shades for the Kindle.

5. It does NOT allow purchase over the Sprint network. Kindle is too dangerous because, if lost, anyone can purchse books galore without any protection for the legal owner.

6. Connect just slashed prices 20% to 40% to bring them in line with Amazon's prices for the Kindle book files.

Last edited by sirmaru; 12-06-2007 at 01:49 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:29 PM   #2
AintLDS
No soliciting
AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage and iPhone 8 Plus
I do agree that the Sony 505 is a very nice reader. But a couple of things:

Point 5: You can log onto your Amazon account via computer and deauthorize your Kindle immediately. Also, all Kindle book purchases can be refunded within 7 days of purchase, no questions asked. I've done both and it was painless. The best method is via email otherwise you end up in India on customer support and they haven't been briefed on the procedure yet.

Point 6: Some of the newer titles on the Connect store are still higher than Amazon, at least the ones I was thinking about purchasing (Glenn Beck's new one).

Let's hope Amazon will come out with a good Kindle 2.0 quickly. I do like their wireless delivery model.
AintLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert