Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-16-2012, 07:59 AM   #1
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7 16GB
Auto Centring after title sort

Is it possible to turn this off?

If I'm working on my library, and have used the scroll bar at the bottom, to move along to the area I want, every time I do a sort on the title heading the scroll resets and centres in the middle, gets old real fast...
transmitthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:12 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I have learned to live with this by resizing and reordering columns. It is generally the column that is off the screen, or at the end of the screen that causes this for me.
Other similar problems(to me) involve the bulk editing of metadata where it will plunk the whole block of books in a different area and move you to that area. Or when editing custom fixed list columns in the GUI and typing a letter as a shortcut. Then you really can get random behavior. Typing 'C' as the first letter in the list (standing for commercial or converted etc.) can result in the item being changed, the conversion dialog opening, or jumping way down the book list to the first entry with that particular attribute. Often all 3 happen simultaneously.

Now mostly I sort by date added which doesn't change, have redone my defined lists with numbers at the start, and have my most frequently used (including date added) sorting fields displayed first. (BTW the older versions of calibre didn't seem to do this but were changed by popular demand to conform more to Windows standards so who am I to argue)

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2012, 06:02 AM   #3
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7 16GB
lol, have exactly the same issues, and like you changed to try and accommodate them.

I do like a lot of columns visible when sorting, so not always possible to resize, I could stretch it across two screens, but I just hate the bezel's chopping up my view.

I guess these are just the trials and tribulations we are going to have to live with
transmitthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:55 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Un-Dockable tag browser

We need the Tag browser to be un-dockable like Sigil's Book Browser
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #5
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Well for me they are a pretty small price compared to all the good things

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert