Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-18-2012, 08:08 AM   #1
dillsandwitch
Enthusiast
dillsandwitch can eat soup with a fork.dillsandwitch can eat soup with a fork.dillsandwitch can eat soup with a fork.dillsandwitch can eat soup with a fork.dillsandwitch can eat soup with a fork.dillsandwitch can eat soup with a fork.dillsandwitch can eat soup with a fork.dillsandwitch can eat soup with a fork.dillsandwitch can eat soup with a fork.dillsandwitch can eat soup with a fork.dillsandwitch can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Aura H20
calibre help with sony prs-t1

Hi All,

This is driving me nuts because I cant figure it out so someone please please please tell me what I am doing wrong.

The trouble i am having is I cannot get calibre to put my books into the correct collections on my device. I have set the series thingy in the metadata section of each file and when i go to put them on the device it creates the collection folders on the device but puts all the books in whatever the fist collection folder is.
Im sure its just a setting or something thats not right but i really dont know and any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Dill
dillsandwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I would need to know how you actually want your collections to be. Mine are author sort with the books listed in series order in each collection.
For most sorting to work on PRS-T1 for me the metadata has to be imbedded in the file which means converting after an changes.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #3
Stockel1949
Stockel1949 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader PRS-T1
I have the same problem and I resolved it follwing this :

Connect the eReader
Open Reader (Sony software)
Open Calibre, select the ebooks to transfer
Drag (from Calibre) and Drop (in Reader).

That's all folks ...
Stockel1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:15 AM   #4
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Does that put them in the right collections sorted by series?

Helen
Old 01-29-2012, 06:46 PM   #5
Stockel1949
Stockel1949 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader PRS-T1
No !
You have to manage the collection with the eReader. :-{
Stockel1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2012, 09:18 PM   #6
speakingtohe
Wizard

Ahh, the Op was asking about collections, so that was why I wondered.
Helen
Old 01-30-2012, 03:05 AM   #7
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
@ dillsandwitch,
I haven't the T1 but it should work in the same way as for the PRS650 if you use a USB-connection. Go to preferences-->advanced-->plugins-->device interface plugins and choose your device (Sony PRST1...) and check the marked entry in the attached picture. If you had an entry in Tags or Series this will show as Collection at your device.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aufzeichnen.JPG
Views:	584
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	81885  
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #8
tponzo
Addict
tponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 900(gave it to my sister); Sony PRS-T1; onyx book note air
I have a similar problem with collections on the PRS-T1. I have author, series and tags as fields for creating collections. Reader is not creating collections on author. Any help would be appreciated
tponzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:10 AM   #9
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

May be spelling? The tag name is "authors". Pleas look as well for the check boxes Authors/Author_sort, refresh and Sony author.
The other point to look is the metadata management in Preferences-->Import/Export-->Sending books to device and then the field “Metadata management”. If a book is already in your reader the book will may be not updated if you don't select the right method. Delete the books on the reader and send it again with the right setup.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:33 AM   #10
tponzo
Addict
tponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 900(gave it to my sister); Sony PRS-T1; onyx book note air
thanks Divingduck,
spelling was the problem. Always feel silly when the problem is so obvious
tponzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:22 AM   #11
Divingduck
Wizard

Don't worry, you are not alone. The same thing happened to me with building a filter and I had checked it feels like 100 times.