Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-07-2012, 06:28 PM   #1
grimborg
Enthusiast
grimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-T1
Red face Can't see new books in sd

Hi,

When you sideload ebooks to your T1, how do you get the reader app to see them?

I'm new with the T1 and I'm using dropsync to sync books to /extsd/Sony_Reader/media/books. The books get copied there, but the reader app can't see them. If I run the MediaScanner app, hit the Scan! button and wait until it finished, the books still don't appear in the reader app. If I connect the USB cable, enable the data transfer, unmount it in my pc and disconnect the cable, all books disappear and they don't come back until I reset the T1.

There's an ugly workaround: if I delete the database in the sdcard, then the reader app syncs and all books appear, but, of course, now they are all marked as new.

Any ideas? It seems to me like it should be very easy, but I can't figure out how to get this to work. How do you do it?

Thanks!

Last edited by grimborg; 01-07-2012 at 06:33 PM.
grimborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #2
luvduchovny
Zealot
luvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, PRS-600, PRS-650, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
I don't use dropsync, so I don't know the workings of that. On my reader I have the settings set to download books to the sd card. But usually if I have books I've downloaded to my pc I plug my Reader to the pc, touch the Data Transfer button on the reader when it recognizes the pc then I go to START->COMPUTER->(F (or whatever drive it sees the sd card as. It should pop up as 3 different drives, one is Sony Reader, one is Software, one is the sd drive. I drag files to the Downloads folder on the sd card. Disconnect the reader from the pc.Once I'm done and press the home screen on the reader and it will put the new books in the Recently Added section of the page.

Method two involves me using dropbox. I drag the books I want to my dropbox "epub" folder. I turn on my reader and connect to the internet and go to http://www.dropbox.com (I have the epub folder bookmarked on the sony browser). I make sure I refresh the page (because sometimes it doesn't sync right away. Then I look at the dates to find the newest stuff I uploaded to dropbox. Once I find the title, I take the stylus and hold it on the link and gives me the options of Opening the link or Saving the link. I choose Save link and it downloads the files to the Sony Downloads folder. Once I'm done and press the home screen it will put the new books in the Recently Added section of the page.

Although since you are talking mediascanner app, I'm guessing you are rooted then huh? So I don't know if any of this will help you at all.
luvduchovny is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
scan, sideload