Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-21-2007, 09:25 AM   #1
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
HTML to LRF with Libprs500

I might not be that smart clearly but I cant work out how to do this conversion?

do I select all of the individiual htm docs or one or the folder or?

Thanks
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:39 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If the html files all link to each other then selecting the top level one is all that's needed as html2lrf will follow the links.

If they do not link to each other, you need to create an opf file in the top level directory and add a spine element to it that lists all the files to be processed in order.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2007, 06:28 AM   #3
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
If the html files all link to each other then selecting the top level one is all that's needed as html2lrf will follow the links.

If they do not link to each other, you need to create an opf file in the top level directory and add a spine element to it that lists all the files to be processed in order.

Thanks Kovid
When I add the file using add book it just shows that singular file with a size of 0 so Im guessing its not linking.

And all the stuff you mention in your second paragraph doesnt make sense to me! sorry but i dont know what an OPF or spine element are?

btw when I get my reader and give yourr software a proper going over, Id love to donate something is there an option anywghere for doing that?
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 12:53 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you want to convert multiple files using the GUI, you have to zip them up and add the zipped file. On the coomandline jus do

Code:
html2lrf file.html

Yeah there's a donate link on the download page of libprs500
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote