Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-22-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
linusnc
linusnc began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Help With spacing.

Hello I received this epub from my dad and I tried to convert it to mobi and there was double space throughout the whole book. I just received this kindle three days ago and just started using calibre the other day. This is what it looks like can someone way smarter then me please help me? Thanks

<p class="P-P"><span class="S-T"> Steve entered the prison cell not knowing what the short</span> </p>
<p class="P-P"><span class="S-T"> period of imprisonment had brought to his friend. The prisoner was fifty-two</span> </p>
<p class="P-P"><span class="S-T"> years old and looked at least seventy. His hair had been thinning for years,</span> </p>
<p class="P-P"><span class="S-T"> but suddenly he'd become a bald-headed old man. He was sitting on the iron</span> </p>
linusnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:38 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by linusnc View Post
Hello I received this epub from my dad and I tried to convert it to mobi and there was double space throughout the whole book. I just received this kindle three days ago and just started using calibre the other day. This is what it looks like can someone way smarter then me please help me? Thanks

<p class="P-P"><span class="S-T"> Steve entered the prison cell not knowing what the short</span> </p>
<p class="P-P"><span class="S-T"> period of imprisonment had brought to his friend. The prisoner was fifty-two</span> </p>
<p class="P-P"><span class="S-T"> years old and looked at least seventy. His hair had been thinning for years,</span> </p>
<p class="P-P"><span class="S-T"> but suddenly he'd become a bald-headed old man. He was sitting on the iron</span> </p>
That is already a conversion from something with Hard returns. Every line is a paragraph.
Can you see the real Paragraph break?
Use Sigil and some REGEX to remove the excess
Code:
</span> </p>
<p class="P-P"><span class="S-T">
but leaving the real Paragraph end.

You could also try setting the Unwrap factor slightly lower.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert