Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 12-09-2011, 11:05 PM   #1
Alan Newson
Alan Newson began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
CSS Table Styles: Does it work?

Hi, I'm trying to format a table within my ePub document using a linked CSS file. When I view it in iBooks the formatting is lost. Is it possible to format a table using a linked CSS file that keeps its formatting?
Alan Newson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:59 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
If you mean with a linked CSS file a CSS reference in the <head></head> tags, sure. Perhaps not on iBooks, but on all normal readers it will work.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2011, 09:49 AM   #3
Alan Newson
Alan Newson began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Thanks. It is iBooks that I'm trying to create this for, and it seems to drop styles from linked css files. I've got round it by using internal styles.
Alan Newson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:54 PM   #4
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
It is known that iBooks has problem with external stylesheets for some features. They would rather have you repeat things in internal stylesheets.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
css table styles, epub