Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-06-2011, 04:26 PM   #1
deannah
Connoisseur
deannah began at the beginning.

Device: KK, KT, KFire, KFire HD, KPaperwhite
Apps Won't Install

A new problem today and I did a search without results. I am not getting any message about space, it just does not download the app purchased or even the free one today. It states it is retrieving the app but stops at the screen where it says installing (which is a very light grey.)

Has happened twice now today with the free Drawing Pad and the purchased Startup Manager. Wireless is on and working as I installed the Drawing Pad on another KF with no problem. Any suggestions why this could be happening on just the one?

I do have quite a few apps on the problem KF, but still lots of space left and again, not getting any messages at all. TIA.
deannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:59 PM   #2
janicew
Enthusiast
janicew began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Fire
I'm far from good at answering these questions compared to others, but a basic question first that someone else is bound to ask....

Did you restart your Kindle Fire and try again?
Any other apps running that might be interfering?
janicew is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2011, 05:44 PM   #3
deannah
Connoisseur

Thanks janicew, yes, did several restarts and have looked for any conflicts, but not any I can see. I did download a couple of books and a CNN mobile app which worked fine. It seems to be stuff from the "app" store that have the problem. Thanks.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:25 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Sounds like an Amazon server issue. Try again later. If you still have the issue there is an preinstalled installer app that you can try to clear data.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:34 PM   #5
deannah
Connoisseur

Thanks Blossom. I don't believe it was Amazon servers because a download from the store worked perfectly on another KF. I think it was data that was the problem. I did the gear thing up top, plus more button and entered the applications area. Here I used ALL APPS, (not just running), found the store app and cleared the cache and the data. Got warnings, but went ahead. It seems to have fixed the problem.

I had uninstalled several apps I had recently downloaded in case one of them might have been the culprit and then couldn't re-install them either. Was about ready to do a hard reset, but glad I persevered. Seems all is well now. Thanks for all the suggestions.
Advert
Old 12-06-2011, 11:57 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by deannah View Post
Thanks Blossom. I don't believe it was Amazon servers because a download from the store worked perfectly on another KF. I think it was data that was the problem. I did the gear thing up top, plus more button and entered the applications area. Here I used ALL APPS, (not just running), found the store app and cleared the cache and the data. Got warnings, but went ahead. It seems to have fixed the problem.

I had uninstalled several apps I had recently downloaded in case one of them might have been the culprit and then couldn't re-install them either. Was about ready to do a hard reset, but glad I persevered. Seems all is well now. Thanks for all the suggestions.
Ah it sounds like the app store app was the problem. It must of got a corrupted download which could of been a server issue or bad install file it's hard to know but Happy you found a solution for it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:01 AM   #7
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
I had the same issue last week, did a factory reset and it was fine again.

At some point, no installation was possible, I only got that "moving bar" indicating progress. Regardless of whether the application was from the appstore or sideloaded via an .apk file. Somthing hung up.

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:50 AM   #8
glo dix
glo dix began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
How do I get onto android market? What apps am I able to install? Am I able to install games, it says I need an android phone or the screen is too small. Can anyone help!
glo dix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #9
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Glo dix
You cant unless u jailbreak/root the fire

What you can do is sideload apps from other app sources

Read here
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=157358

Last edited by salsaguy; 01-08-2012 at 08:22 PM. Reason: typeo
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote