Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 12-05-2011, 04:14 PM   #1
Patuba
Patuba began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
iTunes Producer Error itms-9000 image file too short

I'm getting this error when I'm trying to upload my eBook to iTunes with iTunes Producer 2.4.1.

ERROR ITMS-9000: "image file OEBPS/Images/xfactorendurance.jpeg is too short" at Book (MZItmspBookPackage)

I have searched the internet and found this Java update fix:

1. Quit iTunes Producer.
2. Open Terminal (Terminal is located at Applications > Utilities)
3. Type "java" at the Unix prompt and hit return
4. Re-open iTunes Producer and re-deliver your title

That hasn't fixed the problem. The image was originally a JPG and I changed it to a JPEG and that hasn't fixed it either.

The EPUB file passes epub check so I know the file is okay. Does anyone else have any ideas?
Patuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:39 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Yes, contact Apple support and tell them to improve the error messages.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2011, 10:12 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If you have a graphics editor, load the jpg and save it as PNG. Then load the PNG and save it as JPG. This might fix whatever may be incorrect with the original JPG. Just changing the file extension from JPG to JPEG won't make any difference to the image.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote