Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-29-2011, 07:49 AM   #1
markT4
Enthusiast
markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.

Device: none
Kobo Vox (jet black and pink) sold out online at Futureshop and Bestbuy

The title is self explanatory but hopefully they get them back in stock for people who haven't got one yet. They are still in stock in a bunch of futureshop store locations so I would recommend checking store availability on the site. I think there are some blue and green ones left online though.

This might be a bit of topic but interestingly a bunch of other Android tablets are out of stock with these stores like the galaxy tab and the new Asus transformer prime stop taking pre-orders because of high demand. The Asus Transformer Prime was going for $500 for the 32gb model and the galaxy tab just had a $50 discount.
markT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:54 AM   #2
hpulley
Addict
hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Vox, Playbook32
Interesting. I was worried that the $179 price at Futureshop was for clear-out but if half the colors have sold out that sounds good I guess. Black is what I got so I can understand those with similar tastes but hot pink, wow...
hpulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2011, 08:14 AM   #3
markT4
Enthusiast
markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.

If you think about it Kobo is selling the Vox for 199.99 from their site with free shipping. It probably coasts around $20 to ship a package as large as the Vox. $20 is probably the share that the box stores get for every unit sold. They're selling them at coast hoping you'll buy other things like the $50 cases or $40 2 year warranty. Plus, the temporary discount probably got a bunch of people on the fence on whether to get one or not (like myself) to buy one this week.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:29 AM   #4
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
Black is what I got so I can understand those with similar tastes but hot pink, wow...
The two I bought from FS at that price are for my daughters, so yeah, hot pink!
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:53 AM   #5
markT4
Enthusiast

I once overheard a person say that the only reason they wouldn't buy a Macbook because they didn't come in pink. Whether it comes in pink or not is a serious issue for some people.
Advert
Old 11-29-2011, 02:09 PM   #6
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by markT4 View Post
If you think about it Kobo is selling the Vox for 199.99 from their site with free shipping. It probably coasts around $20 to ship a package as large as the Vox. $20 is probably the share that the box stores get for every unit sold. They're selling them at coast hoping you'll buy other things like the $50 cases or $40 2 year warranty. Plus, the temporary discount probably got a bunch of people on the fence on whether to get one or not (like myself) to buy one this week.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I went back to Best Buy the other day, and got refunded just under $25.00 in the difference from what I paid ($199.00) on Oct 28th and the Future Shop sale price. It shows that you have to keep following up your purchase for that 30 day refund-the-difference window.

You have got to love having a Vox for $179.99. BTW, there were some chain stores in Michigan that were selling the Kindle Fire for $123.00!!! Just selected in-store, and no prior advertisements. Shopping today is like walking through a pricing mine field, LOL!
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:17 PM   #7
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reader Paradice View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I went back to Best Buy the other day, and got refunded just under $25.00 in the difference from what I paid ($199.00) on Oct 28th and the Future Shop sale price. It shows that you have to keep following up your purchase for that 30 day refund-the-difference window.

You have got to love having a Vox for $179.99.
I got my price adjustment too, but then ended up having my kids pester me to buy more stuff - DOH!

$179. is pretty sweet deal for this thing, I must say - esp. since I paid $149 for my Kobo WiFi only a year ago...
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:32 PM   #8
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
I got my price adjustment too, but then ended up having my kids pester me to buy more stuff - DOH!
------------------------------------------------------------

Pokee, that is why I keep walking right past musical instrument stores...

"Mitch", I utter to myself, "...you do NOT need anything from this store....keep walking!".
"But self....c'mon...give me a break...look at that 12 string guitar...LOOK...it has my name written upon it..." "Mitch...self, here...KEEP WALKING....". "Yeah, alright...ok...(shuffling feet) "Self....". "What?"... "You totally BUM ME OUT!" "...whatever...just keep walking...., I'm trying to save a marriage here, ok?"....

I keep walking....sheesh.
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:27 PM   #9
hpulley
Addict
hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.

My daughter likes pink too. I guess green will sell slowest. $179 is good, my wife used mine today and is tempted to get her own. It worked perfectly for her all day though she thought the home button was uparrow so couldn't figure out how to get to the home screen easily. Back, back, back... she bought a book and surfed, no problems. Not sure she'd get pink for herself though.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:56 PM   #10
hpulley
Addict

Oh and Kobo could lose money on its readers as long as the people who buy them buy books too. Margin on hardware sucks, ebooks are better.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:45 PM   #11
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
I'll come out and admit I have a pink Kobo Vox. I'd ordered a blue one from the site, but it took too long to get here so, in my impatience, I went out and bought one at Best Buy. Since DH was going to get the blue one I ordered, I wanted a different color. The green one just wasn't turning my crank and the black one, while nice, seemed so ordinary.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:03 AM   #12
LauraPony
Zealot
LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kobo Vox
Pink Vox here too! Hubby pre-ordered a Green one for me, but we decided to run out and get one the first day they were available at Future Shop instead. Green one eventually got cancelled. When I asked where to find a Vox the FS guy said "We only have black and pink left" which was totally fine with me because I knew Pink was my choice!
LauraPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:52 AM   #13
peterhondak
Zealot
peterhondak is on a distinguished road

Device: KoboMini (mine and MIL) KoboVox(returned), sonytouch(mom's),samsung7"
hubby thought I should have gotten a pink one, but then he couldn't borrow it, or my 2 boys, maybe that would have been a good thing LOL.
I got the green
peterhondak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:41 AM   #14
Ogien
Ogien is a rising star in the heavensOgien is a rising star in the heavensOgien is a rising star in the heavensOgien is a rising star in the heavensOgien is a rising star in the heavensOgien is a rising star in the heavensOgien is a rising star in the heavensOgien is a rising star in the heavensOgien is a rising star in the heavensOgien is a rising star in the heavensOgien is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Vox
Best Buy price matches
Ogien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:24 PM   #15
LauraPony
Zealot
LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterhondak View Post
hubby thought I should have gotten a pink one, but then he couldn't borrow it, or my 2 boys, maybe that would have been a good thing LOL.
I got the green
This might have been one of the reasons pink was so enticing to me. Hubby walks into the room and says "Is that MY Kobo Vox?" (he doesn't have one) and I answer "Not unless you own a pink one!". That shuts him up!
LauraPony is offline   Reply With Quote