Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-07-2007, 04:23 PM   #1
jlc
Enthusiast
jlc began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-650
Is this ghosting normal?

The "<" next to the item number on index pages slightly ghosts when I move up or down the list. It becomes more apparent when I just stay on one page and move all the way down and then all the way up over and over again. Is this normal?
jlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:51 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Yeah, it's fairly normal, though it'll probably fade some with time. The menus don't refresh completely when you move through them as you're describing, but rather just refresh the affected section of the display. That ghosting you're seeing is the reason that full refreshes are the rule for page changes.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2007, 04:52 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I have not seen any ghosting on the new Visplex screens I have looked at. It seems to be an artifact of the original screens.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:57 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
That's true, it was virtually undetectable on the 505 the lent me for review.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:35 PM   #5
willpooted
willpooted began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Mine does too
willpooted is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2007, 12:22 PM   #6
Rp3
Rp3 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Mine is really really bad..

This can't be normal?

Is there an exchange program to upgrade to the new one?

Dam picture didn't work , but you can copy and paste to see what I mean.. ALthough when I do read a book it is fine, just really annoying...
Rp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 12:34 PM   #7
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
@Rp3: This looks like an electronics defect. The ghosting on the right side looks like parts from the left. Thats not what "normal" ghosting does. Normal ghosting only leaves residue from a previous page.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 01:01 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've fixed the photo.

Anyway, tribble is 100% correct in his assessment.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:38 PM   #9
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
I would still try leaving it connected to the charger for half a day and resetting.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote