Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-29-2011, 02:31 AM   #1
OnyxEyez
OnyxEyez began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle keyboard 3g
Kindle freezing and reboots - out of warranty

Long time reader, but first time poster - wish it wasn't for this reason tho.

I have a Kindle 3 keyboard, that up until the last month has been great. Now it keeps freezing, then after a few minutes does a hard reboot. It also freezes when it is on the screensaver and won't wake up right away. I called amazon and they had me do a factory reset - which I did again after - and it hasn't helped. They said it is just out of warranty and the best they will offer is a cheaper repair - $70. I can't swing that right now so I just wanted to see if anyone here had any ideas before I give up on it.

Thanks
OnyxEyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:03 AM   #2
Torwan
Zealot
Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3 (3G)
(Wild guess)
Does the factory reset delete all content? If not, maybe you should try that. Maybe the indexer is somehow broken or overloaded.
Torwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2011, 06:50 PM   #3
OnyxEyez

Yeah, I did the factory reset to default twice - is there another way I'm missing?
Old 11-30-2011, 09:42 AM   #4
tbruin3235
tbruin3235 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Have you recently put your kindle in an unlighted case? When they first came out, the unlighted cases were causing problems with the Kindle3.
tbruin3235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:51 AM   #5
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
The Amazon hinged unlighted case. It was a specific type of case. The hinge was causing issues. Since there are very few hinged cases and Amazon fixed that problem a while back, I would be surprised if that was the problem.

Did you talk to Amazon support or Kindle support? If you talked to Amazon support, call Kindle support. You might get a better result through Kindle support.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2011, 02:20 AM   #6
OnyxEyez

Thanks all . Profcrash - I think I talked to amazon support - where do I find the kindle support number? Thanks.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:29 AM   #7
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Go to the Amazon page, select a Kindle, the top right hand button on the menu bar is Kindle Support. Click there
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:26 PM   #8
OnyxEyez

I'm sorry if I am just not seeing it - I went to the kind support but can't find an actual phone number?
Old 12-01-2011, 06:32 PM   #9
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxEyez View Post
I'm sorry if I am just not seeing it - I went to the kind support but can't find an actual phone number?
Go to this page and select kindle, answer the questions, then click on the phone button.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/conta...node_id=508510
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:02 PM   #10
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Amazon Kindle customer service (1-866-321-8851)
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:32 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDisks View Post
Go to this page and select kindle, answer the questions, then click on the phone button.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/conta...node_id=508510
I find the new contact form page quite confusing. You can be thinking you are talking to Kindle support and you're not. That happen to me this last week.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:45 PM   #12
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I find the new contact form page quite confusing. You can be thinking you are talking to Kindle support and you're not. That happen to me this last week.
So my link was wrong?
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:47 PM   #13
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDisks View Post
So my link was wrong?
No it takes you to the new Contact page. You see Amazon had now combined Kindle and Amazon issues all on one contact page.

You have to choose Kindle and then a mess of other options to get to them now.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:47 PM   #14
OnyxEyez

Thank pidgeon92 - that was the right number, but sadly that was the one I called.

Now another question - can I roll back the software to an earlier one somehow and then reinstall 3.3?