Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-23-2011, 11:21 AM   #1
dr.wahlen
dr.wahlen began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
help with a html book for kindle

Hopefully someone can help me. I have been trying to get a surgical book that I have in HTML on my laptop to my kindle. I am a mac user. I have converted the book using eCub to a .mobi format; however, the images did not transfer. The eCub troubleshooting guide says: "images must be added to the Files list or they will not be copied to the compiled book." Does anyone know how to use eCub and if so, how do I add the files to the list since the list only contains text? Or if there is an easier software to utilize other than eCub, I would galdly accept your help. Thanks, whoever you are.
dr.wahlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:57 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Pehaps you would like to introduce yourself first. After all, this is the....well....we call it the Introduce Yourself forum. This is the place where people.....introduce themselves.

You might even wish to look around our site and locate the areas of interest in which you would like to post or to ask questions for any assistance you may need.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2011, 12:38 PM   #3
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.wahlen View Post
Hopefully someone can help me. I have been trying to get a surgical book that I have in HTML on my laptop to my kindle. I am a mac user. I have converted the book using eCub to a .mobi format; however, the images did not transfer. The eCub troubleshooting guide says: "images must be added to the Files list or they will not be copied to the compiled book." Does anyone know how to use eCub and if so, how do I add the files to the list since the list only contains text? Or if there is an easier software to utilize other than eCub, I would galdly accept your help. Thanks, whoever you are.
Welcome to Mobileread, dr.wahlen!

I believe calibre would be a choice without an intermediate conversion as calibre will use the HTML to covert to mobi.

calibre itself can be found here. Along with the addition of the plugin 'Kindle Collections' designed by forum member meme, the creation of a storage system e.g. collections on kindles is spot on!

calibre creator, Kovid Goyal, is extremely responsive in the calibre forums, as are all the calibre developers! If you haven't already, visiting there would provide some assistance.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:36 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi dr.wahlen and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:11 AM   #5
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards, dr.wahlen
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2011, 06:43 PM   #6
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
.mobi, ecubs, html files, kindle, mac