Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-20-2011, 10:58 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Can someone please dumb it down for me? Please!

I read the sticky on apps, and love the post from obsessed2, which reads:

Wi-Fi File Explorer let's you easily transfer files (Apps, Documents, Movies, Music etc.) from your PC to your Fire using a Web Browser on your PC, without using a USB cable. This App requires that you are connected to a wireless network. When you enter the File Explorer Web URL address into a browser on your PC you are looking at your Fire's Directory Structure. Real simple to use. Make sure you enter the ENTIRE address in your web browser as it appears in the File Explorer Web URL.

I installed Wi-Fi File Explorer, and have an address. But when I go to android market, to download some of my favorites, I don't see anywhere to add that address. I want to download an app to play MP4 files, and some of the other great stuff obsessed2 outlined.

Can someone please dumb this down for me? I can't offer much in return, but if I can help someone, I definately will.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:11 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post

Wi-Fi File Explorer let's you easily transfer files (Apps, Documents, Movies, Music etc.) from your PC to your Fire using a Web Browser on your PC, without using a USB cable. This App requires that you are connected to a wireless network. When you enter the File Explorer Web URL address into a browser on your PC you are looking at your Fire's Directory Structure. Real simple to use. Make sure you enter the ENTIRE address in your web browser as it appears in the File Explorer Web URL.

I installed Wi-Fi File Explorer, and have an address. But when I go to android market, to download some of my favorites, I don't see anywhere to add that address. I want to download an app to play MP4 files, and some of the other great stuff obsessed2 outlined.

Can someone please dumb this down for me? I can't offer much in return, but if I can help someone, I definately will.
The WiFi Explorer app is for transferring files to and from your Fire by opening the http address the program gives you on your PC's browser. There you will see your Fire's file listings and an place to upload Files to your Fire.

You must first download the apk file to your PC and then use the address to access the Fire and upload the apk file using the upload box.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2011, 11:28 PM   #3
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, I am uploading a movie right now! Now how do I get android market to download to my pc? It knows I have 2 android devices - do I just pick one, assuming there is no DRM restricting it to that registered device?

Thank you, Blossom
Old 11-20-2011, 11:33 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Oh, I am uploading a movie right now! Now how do I get android market to download to my pc? It knows I have 2 android devices - do I just pick one, assuming there is no DRM restricting it to that registered device?

Thank you, Blossom
You can't download from your PC from the Market. What you do is go on the android device that has market access. Install the app you want on your Fire then use an app like ES File Explorer to back up the app into a apk file and use that file on the Fire to install your app.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:35 PM   #5
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:

What Blossom said. Wi-Fi File Explorer is like the Windows Explorer for your Android device. It let's you see the file structure on the Fire. If you bought the one for $.99 from Amazon you will also be able to transfer files from your PC to the Fire over your Network.

It has nothing to do with buying app from the Android market. In the sticky on 'must have apps' I think it was obsessed2 who posted some sites where you could download android apps.

Hope this explains it a little better for you. I'm new to this whole android thing so I'm learning.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2011, 11:38 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
What Blossom said. Wi-Fi File Explorer is like the Windows Explorer for your Android device. It let's you see the file structure on the Fire. If you bought the one for $.99 from Amazon you will also be able to transfer files from your PC to the Fire over your Network.

It has nothing to do with buying app from the Android market. In the sticky on 'must have apps' I think it was obsessed2 who posted some sites where you could download android apps.

Hope this explains it a little better for you. I'm new to this whole android thing so I'm learning.

Carol
If you have your network and PC set up to share with one another you also use the LAN feature in ES File Explorer. I just drop files in my Public folder then grab them that way as well. It's great to have options!
Old 11-20-2011, 11:38 PM   #7
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Great, thanks.

The MPEG-4 I uploaded from itunes won't play. Think I will look at another format. Any suggestions?
Old 11-20-2011, 11:39 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Great, thanks.

The MP4 I uploaded from itunes won't play. Think I will look at another format. Any suggestions?
Is it DRM free? The Gallery plays MP4 videos as I believe the Mobo player on Amazon app store does as well.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:43 PM   #9
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Is it DRM free? The Gallery plays MP4 videos as I believe the Mobo player on Amazon app store does as well.
Yes. I recorded it on DVD, and then used handbrake to convert it. I have a lot of choses, but MP4 seemed best to import into itunes. Couldn't figure out how to get Gallery, and couldn't find Mobo, but I will look again. Thanks
Old 11-20-2011, 11:52 PM   #10
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

drgpreston said:

After saving movies Mp4 via Handbrake on my laptop. I transfered them to video file on my Kindle Fire via USB connection. I them opened and watched them via ES File Explorer. Worked great. I sure there is even better ways out there. I will be watching for ideas.

Neither of the options File explorer gave worked. I think this is probably the easiest way-I used wireless to upload the movie. As a matter of fact, I saved the wi-fi as a favorite.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:55 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
drgpreston said:

After saving movies Mp4 via Handbrake on my laptop. I transfered them to video file on my Kindle Fire via USB connection. I them opened and watched them via ES File Explorer. Worked great. I sure there is even better ways out there. I will be watching for ideas.

Neither of the options File explorer gave worked. I think this is probably the easiest way-I used wireless to upload the movie. As a matter of fact, I saved the wi-fi as a favorite.
Do you have ES File Explorer installed? If so just long press on the mp4 file once it's on your Fire then choose Video\Gallery
Old 11-21-2011, 12:14 AM   #12
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Both said they couldn't play it. But I checked, and itunes can. So, tomrrow night, i will try some more.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:39 PM   #13
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
If you have your network and PC set up to share with one another you also use the LAN feature in ES File Explorer. I just drop files in my Public folder then grab them that way as well. It's great to have options!
This is exactly what I do too.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 03:33 PM   #14
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

I have the file, and tranferring it was easy, peasy. But it won't play. I read somewhere else that someone put it in the pictures folder rather than the video folder - I will try that. It is just getting it to play that I am having trouble with (that may be what you are talking about - told you I needed it dumbed down!)
Old 11-21-2011, 04:42 PM   #15
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
Pictures folder is correct.
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote