Notices

Old 11-20-2011, 02:38 PM   #1
kdoc
Enthusiast
kdoc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Problems with Kindle Fire

Can you help me with these:

1. have the older Kindle, and now the Fire. I downloaded a sample book and "bought" some free books from Amazon into the Fire, but they don't 't show up in the older Kindle. I turned on Wireless in both, and clicked on Sync in the Fire. What is going on? (All of my books and underlines which were on the older Kindle went effortlessly onto the Fire). Also, they didn't show up in the Fire if I used Amazon on the computer to download them; I had to control the purchase it from the Kindle Fire.

2. Can I use the older charger (from old Kindle), on this new one? It's more compact.

3. Sometimes I have to hit the screen several times--sometimes hard--to get it to respond. Is this the way it is, or do I have a faulty one?

4. the Font is tiny in Google and Wikipedia: can anything be done about that?

5.Can that ridiculous carousel be changed --we don't need at Home to see everything in the cloud.

Please Help
kdoc
kdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2011, 02:45 PM   #2
tomsem
Wizard
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire Phone, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air 2, Fire HD8 (2017)
There is a forum for the Fire here. I would ask your questions there.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:02 PM   #3
kdoc
Enthusiast

Fire

OK, can you tell me where it is? The URL?

kdoc
Old 11-20-2011, 03:09 PM   #4
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdoc View Post

kdoc
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=243
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:10 PM   #5
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:

kdoc
The Kindle Fire Sub-Forum is HERE. I have already requested that this thread be moved there for you, so that you do not have to start a new one.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2011, 03:13 PM   #6
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 FHD (aka 2013, 2nd gen), Kindle 2, Samsung Galaxy s4 Mini
I'm going to do this because i had it handy, but asking on a forum for the link to another of that same forum's threads is, to put it nicely, bad etiquette.

To find something on this forum (or any other) use the "search" option at the top menu bar of the web page before posting for help.

Here's the link for the Kindle Fire discussion. It can be found again easily as a sticky near the top of the list when you click on "new posts", or by doing a search for "kindle fire".

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ht=kindle+fire

I'm new to the kindle world (just got the fire) so won't attempt to answer your original post because I am still learning how the kindle world does things and how the kindle fire may or may not differ from other kindle products. Good luck in your search!
Merischino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:36 PM   #7
kdoc
Enthusiast

Thanks

Thank You
Old 11-20-2011, 04:46 PM   #8
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
This thread has been moved.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:03 PM   #9
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
To the OP: for the first one, go to your account on Amazon and go to Manage Your Kindle, which should have a list of your content. You can then go to the scroll bar on the right of any item and choose where to redistribute or send your specific files. That should help you out, otherwise calling customer service might be the solution.

for #5: there was another launcher app that would've allowed people to get rid of the carousel, but as of today it is no longer supported for the Fire. No way around it anymore...for now.
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:38 PM   #10
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Some answers.

Quote:
Can you help me with these:

1. have the older Kindle, and now the Fire. I downloaded a sample book and "bought" some free books from Amazon into the Fire, but they don't 't show up in the older Kindle. I turned on Wireless in both, and clicked on Sync in the Fire. What is going on? (All of my books and underlines which were on the older Kindle went effortlessly onto the Fire). Also, they didn't show up in the Fire if I used Amazon on the computer to download them; I had to control the purchase it from the Kindle Fire.
Go to "Books" and then click "Cloud." All your books will be there. Then download each. Then they will be on your "Device." Then use the long hold on each and move them to your Favorites on your Shelves.

Quote:
2. Can I use the older charger (from old Kindle), on this new one? It's more compact.
No, you cannot. The old charger would take too long to apply the charge to the Fire.

Quote:
3. Sometimes I have to hit the screen several times--sometimes hard--to get it to respond. Is this the way it is, or do I have a faulty one?
That's just the way it works. You have to tap it with the right amount of pressure at the correct point. Practice makes perfect.

Quote:
4. the Font is tiny in Google and Wikipedia: can anything be done about that?
Hold your Fire in Landscape and using two fingers touch the screen and move outward to enlargen the fonts.

Quote:
5.Can that ridiculous carousel be changed --we don't need at Home to see everything in the cloud.

Please Help
kdoc
Swipe it upwards to hide it and only see your Shelves of Favorites.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:16 AM   #11
kdoc
Enthusiast

With Thanks

All great answers. Thank you.

BTW to all of you: when I clicked the URL to your response in my email, Mozilla wouldn't connect, but IE would. Does anyone know why?

kdoc