Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-13-2011, 01:20 PM   #1
Brens4
Brens4 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Hi, another noob.

Hi,

My wife currently uses the samsung tab. She is happy with how it works. (I am the one the make sure it works ) She purchases books from Kobo and Kindle. She preferes the kobo program do to the ease of use when reading here books.

I have the Nexus S smart phone. I can read the books on it, but I don't use it for that much.

For both, I am happy with the android system.

My purpose of joining this forum is to accomplish a few things.

We (me and the wife) are looking at getting a reader or tablet for our mothers so that they can read books and maybe do some misc stuff like games, and email. I will be reading through the Kobo forums for opinions on the Vox.

I am looking into ways to get free books legaly for my wife, mother and mother inlaw to read.

My wife likes to read the more current books, so not sure if there are many free ones that suit what she likes. Maybe in the library system. I haven't checked that out yet.

I am interested in learning how to use the software programs such as Calibre.

This pretty well explains why I am here. I am sure the information I am looking for is here somewhere. Hopefully I can also be of some help to others.

Rod
Brens4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:11 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Rod and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2011, 06:03 PM   #3
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:52 AM   #4
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:04 AM   #5
vigna04
vigna04 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Researching Tablets Got Me Here

Welcome, I'm new to the forum too =X
vigna04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2011, 07:47 AM   #6
Brens4

Hi,

I appreciate the welcome.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:00 PM   #7
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brens4 View Post
Hi, I appreciate the welcome.
Welcome to Mobileread, Brens4!

calibre creator, Kovid Goyal, is extremely responsive in the calibre forums, as are all the calibre developers! If you haven't already, visiting there would provide some assistance.

calibre and its user manual can be found here.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:52 AM   #8
Brens4

Thanks for the info on calibre. I will probably be spending lots of time on that forum.

Rod