Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 10-28-2011, 10:25 PM   #1
goinveg
Enthusiast
goinveg began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, Entourage eDGe DualBook
EE: Change default browser?

Is there a way to change the default browser on the EE? I'm talking about the browser other apps open. I use Opera Mini.
goinveg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:16 PM   #2
johnseeking
keeper of the cheese
johnseeking began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet (mine), 2nd Gen Kindle 3G (wife's), Literati (kids')
This worked on my PE - sort of a roundabout way of doing things, but it may work for you too. Use another app, like a news reader, Facebook, etc, to open a link to an outside page, and check "use as default" before you click Dolphin Mini. (You can un-assign defaults in settings - applications - manage applications, and choose the app you want to un-assign. Good luck!
johnseeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2011, 06:34 PM   #3
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by goinveg View Post
Is there a way to change the default browser on the EE? I'm talking about the browser other apps open. I use Opera Mini.
Select Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, and the All Tab. Find the default Android Browser (Browser) and touch it. Select Clear Defaults and exit. Open Opera Mini and Start surfing. Whenever you see the Complete action using prompt, check the Use by default for this action and select Opera Mini.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote