Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-28-2011, 09:23 AM   #1
Euglena
Euglena began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1 and Kobo Touch
Deleting books from SONY Software

Hi!

I just got my new PRS-T1 a couple of weeks ago and so far I love it.
I am however experiencing a few problems with deleting free books that I downloaded from the Reader bookstore.
I have been able to delete books from the reader, but when I try to do the same with the library in the software, the delete option isn't highlighted and I therefore cannot delete some of the most recently added books.

Can anyone help me figure this out? Is this a beta version problem?

Does anyone also know if there will be a firmware update so that the PrS T1 can refresh at every 6 pages (like the kindle and kobo touch)?

Thanks!
Euglena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:05 AM   #2
luvduchovny
Zealot
luvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, PRS-600, PRS-650, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
I think it's considered a "feature" that you can't really delete books. I find it a nuisance and don't use the Sony software. I just manually delete the books off my sd card when it is plugged into my computer and I make sure Reader for PC isn't on at the time.
luvduchovny is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2011, 01:42 PM   #3
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MeeBook, Kobo Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euglena View Post
Hi!

I just got my new PRS-T1 a couple of weeks ago and so far I love it.
I am however experiencing a few problems with deleting free books that I downloaded from the Reader bookstore.
I have been able to delete books from the reader, but when I try to do the same with the library in the software, the delete option isn't highlighted and I therefore cannot delete some of the most recently added books.

Can anyone help me figure this out? Is this a beta version problem?

Does anyone also know if there will be a firmware update so that the PrS T1 can refresh at every 6 pages (like the kindle and kobo touch)?

Thanks!
Use Calibre to manage your books. The only time I ever use the Reader software is to authorize a device.

Calibre does more and does it better.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:03 PM   #4
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
Yep Calibre is better than the new software any day IMHO. I just removed the new reader library software from my computer.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:29 PM   #5
Nicko
Groupie
Nicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomtroll View Post
Yep Calibre is better than the new software any day IMHO. I just removed the new reader library software from my computer.
Can you have both Calibre and the reader library software installed.?
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2011, 09:39 PM   #6
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
Yup yup.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:19 PM   #7
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MeeBook, Kobo Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
Yeah, just don't have both open at the same time - they don't play nice together.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote